Is your Sage 50 Account not opening after you have downloaded a recent update? Are you getting frequent error messages and don’t know how to solve the problem? Well, if you are facing this issue again and again, then chances are that your update has not been fully downloaded or your update file size is incorrect. Sage 50 Accounts “Unable to Register Data Source” Error.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support
The Sage 50 Accounts Not Opening After Update. When you try to open it, your computer may be experiencing a corrupted or damaged Windows user profile, and we offer three solutions to fix the program afterwards.
The Most Common Cause of Sage 50 Accounts Not Opening After Update Error
There are a few reasons why your Sage 50 may not be responding. You should try checking your software to see if it is compatible with your operating system.
- We updated the previous version, but some of the company files are not properly updated.
- Processes are running while the process name is peachesw.exe
- The hard drive is corrupted, which is a problem.
- When an executable file is not meant to be run as an administrator, it can fail.
- The data on the server is completely separate from local data.
- The STATUS.DAT file is from an earlier version.
This Read: Why Sage 50 Won’t Open After Update
To Fix the Sage 50 Accounts Not Opening After Update Issue, Follow Our Below-Mentioned Steps:
Method #1: Verify update file size
- Go to the update default directory and verify the file size.
- Correct file sizes:
- Sage 50 2016: 2016.1 is 81,211 KB or 80 MB
- Sage 50 2015:
- 2015.3 is 202,635 KB or 198 MB
- 2015.2 is 159,194 KB
- 2015.1 is 113,653 KB
- Sage 50 2014: 4 is 186 MB
- Now download the update directly by using the link in Additional Information.
Method #2: Turn off User Account Control
- Select Start, and go to Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts and then select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Move the slider down to ‘Never Notify’.
- Restart the computer and try to open Sage 50 Accounts again. (Fix “Assertion Failed” Issue in Sage 50)
Method #3: Examine DATAPATH and LOCALDATAPATH on the Computer
- Check the server’s current location.
- Verify that the DATAPATH location matches the LOCALDATAPATH.
- If the paths are different, you must remove one program and reinstall it.
Also Read: Sage 50 “Not Emailing Invoices” Error
Method #4: Run As Administrator Option: remove it.
- Go to the Sage 50 software icon and right-click on it
- Now, click on the Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Now, you will see a box next to the option “Run this Program as ad Admin.” You need to uncheck the box
- If you see the box in Gray Colour in the bottom of the screen, you will see Change settings for all users button; uncheck the button from the secondary screen
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK
Method #5: Get a New Copy of the Service Release
- Navigate to your data path.
- Open the Updates folder.
- Click Delete to remove the old Service Release update file.
- Get the latest version of the software update.
- Click on the file to start the Service Release installation.
- If the error is still not resolved, you can try the other methods listed below:
- Find the PeachWLog.XML file that is causing the error.
- Then, re-write the programming code to fix it.
- Repair the database with the Database Repair Utility.
Still facing the issue?
Call sage 50 tech support phone number and seek expert assistance from our certified Sage specialists. For best results, get in touch with us now via any of the communication mode and our team will respond to your connectivity call immediately and will provide you the best possible solution you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Sage 50 not responding?
How to Fix Sage 50 Not Responding Error
1. Disable compatibility mode with Windows XP. Find and right-click the Sage 50 icon on your desktop.
2. With the right click option, you can run Sage 50 as Administrator. Head to your desktop and search for “Sage 50.”
3. Restarting the computer system.
4. Refresh the connections again.
Why won’t my Sage accounts open?
If you have antivirus software installed on your computer, make sure to quarantine any Sage files or folders. If so, add those Sage files and folders to the antivirus exception list. The software can either restore the quarantined files from within the antivirus software, or reinstall Sage 50cloud Accounts.