Is your Sage 50 Account not opening after you have downloaded a recent update? Are you getting frequent error messages and don’t know how to solve the problem? Well, if you are facing this issue again and again, then chances are that your update has not been fully downloaded or your update file size is incorrect. Sage 50 Accounts “Unable to Register Data Source” Error
To fix the issue, follow our below-mentioned steps:
Method #1: Verify update file size
- Go to the update default directory and verify the file size.
- Correct file sizes:
- Sage 50 2016: 2016.1 is 81,211 KB or 80 MB
- Sage 50 2015:
- 2015.3 is 202,635 KB or 198 MB
- 2015.2 is 159,194 KB
- 2015.1 is 113,653 KB
- Sage 50 2014: 4 is 186 MB
3. Now download the update directly by using the link in Additional Information.
Read This: Sage 50 Accounts Not Opening After Update
Method #2: Turn off User Account Control
- Select Start, and go to Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts and then select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Move the slider down to ‘Never Notify’.
- Restart the computer and try to open Sage 50 Accounts again. (Fix “Assertion Failed” Issue in Sage 50)
Method #3: Run As Administrator option: remove it.
- Go to the Sage 50 software icon and right-click on it
- Now, click on the Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Now, you will see a box next to the option “Run this Program as ad Admin.” You need to uncheck the box
- If you see the box in Gray Colour in the bottom of the screen, you will see Change settings for all users button; uncheck the button from the secondary screen
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK
Still facing the issue?
Call sage 50 tech support phone number and seek expert assistance from our certified Sage specialists. For best results, get in touch with us now via any of the communication mode and our team will respond to your connectivity call immediately and will provide you the best possible solution you need.