User Query: I am getting error when transfer data to excel from Sage 50, its saying “Failed to connect to Excel”.
It is very easy to connect your Sage Account with Microsoft Excel and import all your data from Sage to Excel Spreadsheet in one go only. However, there may be some situations when you are unable to connect your Sage 50 with MS Excel and there can be many issues like your Data Import can also be compromised.
If you are facing this issue and are looking for help, this is what you can do.
How to Fix Issue If Sage 50 Failed To Connect To Excel
Here is what you can do to fix the issue: You need to follow the troubleshooting steps to connect to the solution.
Point to be noted: The process contains all manual steps. Make sure you follow all the steps to prevent your software from the error pertaining again or with any other software.
Step #1: Make sure that the Data Recovery is running
- Select Help and then click on About
- Now, select the Program Details section and then note the path of the Data Directory
Step 2: You need to Link Microsoft Excel with your Sage Software
- Open your Sage software and then open Microsoft Excel Worksheet in two different windows
- Now, select the Data and then select “Get External Data Section”
- Here, you will see the button “From other sources,” click on it and then click on From (Microsoft) MS Query
- Now, click on “New Data Source” and then select “OK.”
- Now, enter new Data Source
- Click on the Required Driver as per your version and then click on “Connect.”
- Here you need to enter valid credentials: User Name, User ID, Password and your Sage Password.
- Now, select the Data Path and click on the Data Directory for that company which includes
- Select OK and then click on OK
Step 3: You need to manually register Microsoft Excel with Sage 50
- Stop Sage 50 Accounts then tap the Windows key + R.
- Enter “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\excel.exe” /regserver then click OK.
To get into complete details when Sage 50 failed to connect:
If the problem still exists after registering excel.exe, reinstall MS Office & then uninstall and reinstall Sage 50 software.
Connect with our team will get back to you with complete detail that you may need to get error resolved. Need further assistance? Call us sage 50 tech support phone number or discus with Sage Chat Help 24/7.