Facing issues while opening Sage 50? Does your Program closes unexpectedly after showing error? Are you receiving an error message that says “Could Not Find the Default Data Path”?
Error: “Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location at [data path] on [computer name] could not be found or accessed”
Error: “Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location…could not be accessed” or “…is not a valid company data location.”
Well, this happens due to:
- An incorrect data path/ data path format in the configuration file,
- Incorrect permissions for shared folder.
However, it is easy to fix this issue manually. Simply follow our below mentioned solution steps for quick troubleshooting.
Resolution to Sage 50 Could Not Find the Default Data Path
Solution for Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location is given below:
Incorrect data path
- Open Sage 50 configuration file and locate the data path.
- Change the data path to: DATAPATH=[Drive Letter]:\[Folder].
- Verify if the problem has been resolved.
Incorrect permissions settings
- Go to My Computer and click Tools.
- Click Folder Options and select View
- Clear Use Simple File Sharing box and click
- Right-click the shared folder and select
- Select Sharing tab and select Share this folder
- Enter a Share name and click
- Add Everyone and
- Select all and then select Full control
- Now select Security tab and see if Everyone and System have Full control.
- Click (Sage 50 Goods Received Not Invoiced Report)
From inside Sage and its Icon Properties
Go to the Sage and then go to the Icon Properties. Now, there are two procedural steps that you need to follow.
If you want to find the Data Path:
- Double-click on your Sage 50 icon.
- Now, click on the File and then select the Company
Point to be Note: Make sure you don’t open the previous company.
- To see the full directory, you need to drag it to the corner of the box.
- Now, the Data Path is your Directory and the Company’s Name (Truncated Spelling)
If you want to find the Program Path:
- Right-click on the shortcut icon of Sage
- Click on Properties
- You will see a Targeted Line with Blue path (Highlighted) and the Program path is minus Peachw.exe
Point to be Noted:
To open the Program File, you need to click on the Open File Location.
In addition: If your Sage 50 showing damaged or missing files in data path, here is the solution:
- Run Repair
Create a new data path on the server using the Database Repair Utility
Share new data location;
Map network drive to the new shared folder
Change INI file on workstation to point to the new data location
Our Assistance for You:
This should resolve the problem. Should you need more help, call us at sage 50 support.
Few more questions related to Sage 50 could not get the default data location.
Sage 50 could not be opened because the company data location could not be accessed, what to do?
If PC recently upgraded to Windows 10, disable UAC in the registry, reboot, and try again.
I am the only user, and no one else uses it. My Sage 50 system has been giving me the following error message: You are trying to access an area that another user is also using, or you are trying to do a process that requires only one user to access.
You can restart the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup engine service by stopping it and then starting it again.
Few More Reads:
- Sage 50 another user is currently performing an operation that requires single user access.
- Error: sage 50 cannot be started when action / pervasive is not running or needs to be restarted
- Peachtree cannot be started please reboot your computer
- Sage 50 is unable to connect to its database, action zen on computer