The introduction of Windows 10 created some confusion for Sage users because of the related glitches that have left many of the Sage users locked out. Microsoft is rendering a free upgrade for Windows 10 for those devices that are running genuine Windows 7 and Windows 8 edition software and the installation is allowed automatically. ** Free upgrade to Windows 10 is not available for Windows XP, Vista or Enterprise editions**
However, the issue started cropping up after installing this latest Window Anniversary Update; the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, aka Version 1803. When users clicked on the Sage icon, the program either hangs with a grey screen or just doesn’t respond. An error is likely to be generated or users may get a prompt that they have entered an invalid password or installation files have been damaged.
This issue is caused by a defect in the 1803 Spring Creator update for Window 10 but may soon be fixed in a Windows 10 update. The latest Windows update conflicted with the .NET 3.5 framework that enables application and its web services to function thereby, locking the users out.
Unfortunately, this is not an isolated problem with Sage, there is a range of other conflicting applications that have encountered the same problem. All they suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the application to resolve the problem.
- Sage 50 US edition doesn’t open after installing Windows 10 (Spring Creator version 1803)
- Sage 50 opens and then closes with no error message
- The program effects workstation in the network environment and server is not affected
- Invalid password or unable to register the data source
- There may be an error like – “You Cannot Use Sage 50 right now because the serial number(s)…are already in use by the maximum number of computers”
- This may also happen with Windows 10 version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Read This: Sage Install Hangs Configuring Your Computer – Know How to Troubleshoot it Fast?
End task on running Peachw.exe to stop Sage 50 running in the background
- Do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open Task Manager
- Go to the Details tab or More Details on the bottom of the process tab
- Find the peachw.exe and End Task at the bottom
- Restart the computer and try opening the program again
- Eliminate the compatibility settings for Windows 8. Right click on Sage
- Go to Properties – select Compatibilities
- Go to the option Change the settings for all the users – Un-check the option “Run the program in the Compatibility mode” and pick windows 8 – click OK
Remove Run as Administrator
- Right-click Sage 50 icon and go to Properties – Compatibility
- Un-check the option “Run this program as an administrator” – click OK
If the Sage icon is in your Windows Quick Launch Toolbar, it needs to be expelled and pinned once more after hauling it from the Windows.
- Remove and reinstall the Sage 50 application
- Installing – Press Windows key+R – go to Control Panel – OK
- Go to Program and Features – Select the Sage version you like to uninstall – Click Remove
Read This: Sage 50 Keeps Crashing after Windows 10 Update – What’s the Patch to Fix?
For installing, insert the Sage DVD and install the software, or download the file and Run, select the terms and condition and click the next steps and complete.
- There can be other steps that can be tried like disabling the IPv6 on the server and workstation
- If using static IP address, edit the hosts file on the workstation
- Verify if the DNS is configured correctly
- If you are using static IP address/DNS on the server then try changing the IPv4 properties to – Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically
Hopefully, you should be able to get over the Sage error after following the above steps. In case the application still fails to open then dial our Sage technical helpline. Call on 855 481 5335 anytime to speak to our FastFix247 Sage support team experts.