Whether you are working on QuickBooks Premier 2016 or any other version of QuickBooks like QuickBooks Pro or Enterprise, it is good to update or upgrade to the latest available version to avoid any error or discontinuation.
These are the steps you need to follow to install and activate your QuickBooks to the latest available version.
Step #1: Prepare your QuickBooks file for update
1. Download the latest version of QuickBooks
2. For internet explorer, you will see a file download window and then click on Save
3. Now, save the file to a convenient location – Desktop.
4. Now, unpack the file, double-click on the file and click on proceed.
5. Click on the installation process.
6. The installation will start automatically and the file extraction will take place.
7. Now, you need to follow on-screen instruction.
8. Wait for the installation to complete.
1. Once the file is downloaded, check the location of QuickBooks File. Now, from keyboard,
press F2. Then find the exact location of your file.
2. For accessing QuickBooks file from server? For saving it in your own computer, file
update process is faster in such process. Now, save the backup copy in the flash drive
and then restore it in your system.
3. Here, it is important to avoid data issues at the time of file conversion or after it. To do
so, run the rebuild tool.
QuickBooks updates your file to the latest available version and then only you can use it. Once the update process completes, the older version of QuickBooks won’t open. No need to worry. QuickBooks always takes the backup of the file before converting it to the latest available version. To be very safe:
1. You need to make sure no user is logged-in to the company file.
2. Now, go to the File menu and then click on Open or Restore Company.
3. Now, click on Restore backup copy or open a company file and then click on Next.
a. Point to be Noted: To open the backup copy, click on the local backup.
4. Now, select the company file and then click on Open.
5. Now, use your company admin login credentials to log-in. The company file can only be updated through the company admin.
6. QuickBooks will automatically tell you about the update you need to download for the company file. Click on Update Now to process the payment.
a. QuickBooks automatically runs the backup of the file before starting the file update process. To change the backup location, make changes in the default location.
b. Click on Done once the QuickBooks company files are updated.
To know more, call us on our Toll-Free Number +. You can also connect with us via our Official Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us via our
Live Chat Support which is available on our website.