Have you been exhaustively searching online each and every web page to figure out how you can terminate, deactivate or delete an employee from their QuickBooks accounting software application? If your answer is yes, then definitely you have come across the right page.
For immediate QuickBooks product help, you can get in touch with our experts on our FASTFIX247 QuickBooks tech support help-desk number. This article attempts to help the subscribed users of QuickBooks understand the simple way to terminate, deactivate or delete an employee from the QuickBooks Desktop software application.
Ways to terminate, deactivate, or delete an employee in QuickBooks Desktop Software:
The first and foremost fact that you need to bear in mind is to make sure that you have to keep your employee list updated in your QuickBooks Payroll software without a miss. Here are two important ways that you need to follow to delete an employee from the software:
- Make modifications in an employee status –in case you have already remunerated them
- Obliterate – if you haven’t remunerated them
Let’s elaborate aforementioned two steps in detail for better understanding.
Make modifications to an employee status
Always make sure beforehand that you have updated your employee’s status to any of these
- Active (presently working with the company)
- Paid Leave of Time off
- Unpaid Leave of Absenteeism
- No longer on the Payroll
For the users of the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll, you need to follow the given steps in the sequence as stated below:
- Firstly, look for the Workers option in the software application and then click on the Employees option.
- After this, click on the employee’s name whose status you wish to change
- Now, you need to do the right click on the employee’s name whose status you are trying to modify and then select the Edit employee option from the drop down list.
- Click on the Employment label.
- Do right click on the Status option and a drop-down list will appear on your computer screen.
- After this, you need to double click on the Terminated option. (Well, you can even select Paid or Unpaid Leave of Absenteeism or No longer On Payroll options provided it was a provisional termination.)
- By Terminated, it clearly means that the employee is no longer associated with the organisation
- By no longer on the Payroll means that employee is not presently getting paychecks from the organisation (This option will be applicable in the case wherein you have hired a seasonal employee or employees on a contractual basis or maybe a freelancer)
- Next, you need to fill in the termination date (not obligatory).
- Last but not the least; you have to click on the Done tab.
Some important fact that needs to be kept in mind:
If you have set an employee’s status as Terminated or No longer on the existing Payroll, then here are some key pointers to remember:
- A terminated or deactivated employee will no longer reflect in your existing payroll, even though their account and reimbursement records will continue to appear in your account.
- You no longer have to make any such payments for that specific employee.
- Outstanding direct deposit will continue to be processed at least the check is obliterated.
- The names of terminated employees will continue to reflect in your reports, but are stroked with an asterisk sign to specify that the employee’s existing status is terminated.
Obliterate an Employee
You can completely remove an employee to whom you have never made any sort of payment till date. (For instance, an individual under no circumstances in point of fact worked for you, or was included in the list by mistake.). On the other hand, you cannot attempt to remove an employee to whom you have made payments through checks or remuneration records. In its place, make sure you modify that individual’s status to somewhat other than Active (an existing employee), simply by following the above mentioned steps. Important
Note: Never ever obliterate an employee’s paychecks or remuneration past records in an endeavor to completely eliminate the individual from your payroll account. Their remuneration proceedings are an essential chunk of your payroll account information.
It may be challenging or unmanageable to reinstate the obiter at data once the action has been taken by you. If you have any technical query related to termination or deletion of an employee from your QB payroll software, then get in touch with our FASTFIX247 QuickBooks tech support team. Call on above given phone number.