Question: My husband uses the online version for his business but i have been using the desk top version for my little business to just keep track of invoices. a few weeks ago I called to get help with importing all HIS bank info into the online QuickBooks but in the process some of his stuff went to the QuickBooks for desktop. So, how do delete all that info from the desk top version without ruining my stuff? i need to import all my bank info so I can send my quarterly sale tax in.. but his bank account transactions are showing.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
Explanation: QuickBooks accounting solution helps users store the detail of credit & debit attraction of each individual in the company account files. If you wish to delete the historic accounts details, you can do so by clearing old transactions from the company accounts file by voiding or deleting each transaction.
Note: Deleting the transaction will remove the details completely, whilst voiding the transaction will assign zero value to the items but preserve the transaction information. QuickBooks also provides a Condense Data utility tool that allows users to clear all transactions details before a particular date.
Option 1: Delete Transactions
- Open to QuickBooks.
- Go to menu bar and click on Lists. Pull-down the menu and select Chart of Accounts.
- Next, open to the account which has transactions details that you want to delete.
- In the account screen QuickBooks shows transactions details in date order.
- Now, choose the transaction that you want to delete.
- Click on Edit then choose the Delete option.
- Click on OK to confirm the task.
- Repeat the same steps for each transaction that you want to remove.
Option 2: Void Transactions
- Go to main menu bar and click on Lists > Chart of Accounts.
- Open to the account which has transactions details that you want to void.
- Choose the transaction then click on Edit in the main menu then select Void.
- Next, click on Save & Close to save voided transaction detail.
- Repeat the same steps for each transaction that you want to void.
Option 3: Clear Old Transactions Using Condense Data Tool
- Go to main menu bar and click on File.
- Click on the Utilities > Condense Data.
- Enable the “Transactions before…” radio option in the Condense Data screen.
- Enter the preferred date in the field (Remove transactions before).
- Now, click on the Next tab then click on Begin Condense to finish the process.
For More Information Regarding QuickBooks Data Deletion Support
Fastfix247 professionals are available to help you clear out your matter. If you require more information or assistance while resolving your problem, don’t hesitate to contact us at 855 481 5335 or email us. The professionals will help you easily resolve your queries. You can also chat live with the professionals via Live Chat Support.