Know how to activate, set-up, edit or remove Direct Deposit in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Direct Deposit holds an embarking feature of making payment to the employees without any problem. There is no need for printing or writing checks. In this article, we will discuss how to set-up, edit or remove QuickBooks Direct Deposit.
Activate QuickBooks Direct Deposit:
Once you activate direct deposit for your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, you can do all setting, editing and depositing like tasks with this. The companies who want payments to be done through direct deposit.
First of all, fill the authorization form and then produce the voided check through the bank account. You don’t need to submit this in QuickBooks. This is for your reference and records only.
Set-up QuickBooks Direct Deposit for employees. Follow the steps:
- First of all, select employee and then click on the Employee Center. The employee list will open.
- Double-click on the employee’s name and then click on the Payroll Info tab.
- Now, select the direct deposit tab.
- Now, select use direct deposit for <XXXXXXXX> in the direct deposit window. (Here, <XXXXXXXX> is the name of employee.)
- Here, click on one or two accounts to deposit the paycheck.
- Enter the financial institution of the employee. It should be the Bank Name, Account No., Routing No., and the type of account.
- To deposit it into two accounts, set the value of the percentage/amount that should be deposited in the first account and the second account as the remaining amount of cut percentage.
- Select OK and the information will be saved.
How to edit an employee’s direct deposit information?
To create the paycheck, edit employee’s bank account details. Now, the paychecks that you create before the update will automatically be deposited directly to the previous bank account. You can avoid that situation, you can directly either reform or delete the paycheck. Once done, then send it to the intuit. Follow the steps to do so:
- First of all, open the paycheck and then open the paycheck detail window.
- Here, you will see the Direct Deposit option. Uncheck it. Now, click on the Save button and then click on the Save & Close button.
- Now, open paycheck once again and then select the direct deposit option. Click on Save to save the changes.
Remove Direct Deposit from the employer account permanently:
Remove a direct deposit from the setup if you are not paying through it to the employee.
- Click on the Employee tab and then click on the Employee Center.
- Now, you need to edit the profile. To do so, double-click on the employee name.
- Now, select the payroll Info Tab.
- Here, you will see the direct deposit button, click on it. Clear the box for that particular employee.
To know more, you can simply connect with us via our Toll-Free Number + or you can drop the email with the query on our Official Email Address email@example.com. We will revert you with the solution or information to take your problem to a conclusion. We are also available through Live Chat Support. It is present at the down-right corner of the website. Connect with us now and get consultation for free.