QuickBooks is a software that is known for providing ease of use to various small scale and medium scale organizations. QuickBooks helps in connecting the credit card and bank accounts for automatic categorization and downloads.
QuickBooks helps in tracking the inventory automatically and enables you to track the cost per item, which helps you to know the profit. With QuickBooks, you can easily control the cash flow. Our Fastfix247 QuickBooks helpdesk helps you in getting further information on QuickBooks.
Creating and sending email invoices from QuickBooks
Step 1: Create Invoices by navigating
Go to the home page first and then from the Customers column tap on invoice
Step 2: Creating the invoice
Make sure that invoice is displaying on the screen. Fields you should complete are listed below:
- Name of the customer: Make sure that name of the customer is selected from the list of drop down
- Email address of the customers: You can get this information automatically from the profile of customer. This field remains blank, if email address is not entered by you in customer profile
- Address of the billing: This information will get populated automatically from profile of the customer. If billing address is not entered by you in profile of the customer, then this field will go blank
- Date of Invoice: Invoice date is the date provided to service or product when you give it to customer. Though QuickBooks take the date on which invoice is created by default
- Due date: Due date is calculated automatically as per the field of payment terms
- Product and Services: Get the product and services selected from listings in drop down. If the services and products are not set up by you then get that done by tapping on the arrow of drop down and then by scrolling up go to the list’s top and choose Add New. You will see new window popping up, get the service and product information added to it. After entering the desired information, tap on save and then get the invoice finished
- Adding the Description: It gets auto-populate as per the selected services and product. The description could also be customized by directly typing in the field
- Quantity: If asked or if it is applicable, then get the quantity entered for every service and product
- Amount: In order to get the amount calculated, QuickBooks get the rate and quantity multiplied
Read This: QuickBooks Unable to Send Invoices Via Email
Step 3: Previewing the Invoice
After completing all the fields that are necessary, get out the print and have a look at how invoice looks like. Now go to the screen’s bottom and then tap on button of Print or Preview. Read This: Invoicing Customers in QuickBooks
Step 4: Sending Invoice to the Customers
After verifying all the details of invoice and getting satisfied with them, take the print out or you can also send it to the customer through mail. QuickBooks allow you to mail it directly.
In order to send an invoice through email from QuickBooks directly, tap on the arrow of drop down towards right of the button of save and close and then tap on save and send.
Make sure the things given below displays on the computer screen along with the invoice’s preview:
- Email: It refers to the email address which is saved in profile of the customer
- Subject: It refers to the invoice assigned by the company name and QuickBooks. This information could be directly edited on the screen
- Body: It refers to the information that your customers are going to receive and appear in the email body. This information too could be directly edited on screen
Read This: Invoice Formatting Issues with QuickBooks
Email will have an invoice attached to it in the form of PDF document. After the changes are saved then tap on the button saying Save to send queue and close. It will get the email triggered to be sent to your customer.
To get the further details on these steps, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks tech support team. You can dial our 1-855-481-5335.