We are here to help you prevent your program or company from deleting in QuickBooks
When you open a new company in your QuickBooks, it shows you the list of all the available company files that you need to choose from. If there are many files in the list, there occur chances that you open and work on the wrong company file. Now, the issue is that you don’t want to permanently delete the company file. Instead, you can simply to remove it.
You just have to edit the companies that QuickBooks displays on the startup.
- Go to the File menu and then click on Open or Restore Company.
- Now, select Open a Company file and then click on Next. A window which comprises all the company files will open.
- Select Edit List. It will be right under the Open button. A new window will open to Edit the company list window.
- Now, right next to the company file, you will see a checkmark box. Click on it.
- Select OK and the company file will be hidden.
Read it if your QuickBooks program not working properly
Delete the Company File
Now, to remove the company file altogether, delete the file permanently using QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and then click on Open or Restore Company. Now, go the file that you want to delete. Click on open.
- Now, either press Ctrl+1 or F2 to open the file information. Copy down the file location. The address must be with the name C:\ in the starting and ending with .qbw.
- Now, go to the file location in your system after closing QuickBooks. Find QB icon there. The file must be having with the same.
- Right-click on the file. Click on the delete button.
- Now, open your QuickBooks once again, click on Open and Restore Company. Hide the company file by clicking on the edit list if the file still appears.
- The deleted files will be hidden once you click on OK.
Know more about QuickBooks Error Code 6103: .dll file or registry is damaged or missing.
Remove Companies from QuickBooks Online
While in QuickBooks online, the same has bit different procedure. If you hold the listing as a user in QB online account, the company file will automatically appear once you log-in as a listed user to that company. You require administrator credentials to delete the company file as you, on your own, can’t do so until or unless you are an admin. To initiate the process of removal as a user, follow these steps:
- Go to the official site: http://login.quickbooks.com and log-in with your admin credentials.
- Here, click on the company that you don’t want to show anymore in the log-in window.
- Select the Edit or Remove the User’s Access.
- Now, select OK and you will be removed as a user.