User Query: I am trying to open my QuickBooks program and keep getting an error code 80070057, using QuickBooks pro 2018, what to do?
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is the most common error. Desktop displays an error code “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” this occurs when the QuickBooks user attempts to open a QuickBooks company file. It stats that user hasn’t have sufficient authorization to remove the company files with in the specific folder in QuickBooks. In addition, if unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file, one of the probable reasons include: your company file (.qbw) is damaged and you were trying to backup or build a portable file (.qbm) your QuickBooks installation is corrupted.
Question: What to do my QuickBooks showing “You do not have sufficient permissions Error: 80070057”.
Answer: One of fastest solution to fix it is to move your QuickBooks company file to a default folder on the C:\ drive, so that all computer on the network can connected to the file.
There are many reasons for QuickBooks Error 80070057. The causes & solutions are described below:
In various condition there was a specific sort of spyware on the desktop that was distinguished with AntiMalware. You simply remove all detected threats and reboot the desktop. Once the desktop started back up, QuickBooks would open again. The spyware software does not erase the key, but rather changes the key to the windows default. In addition, you use BitDefender, which blocks unusual ports when there is data traffic within computers.
Probable reasons of error 80070057 QuickBooks problem are:
- You’re opening the file by double-clicking, rather than opening the file from inside QuickBooks.
- You have a 3rd firewall that is not set-up for QuickBooks properly to let the Internet access to the QuickBooks Desktop files on all computers.
Method #1: Steps to resolve issue via Server.
- On your PC, enter the Windows key and type in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select Add Folder to show Browse Folder window.
- Open the folder where your company file is located and click OK.
- Click Scan.
- After the scan, open your company file again.
Method #2: Run Your QuickBooks as Administrator
- Re-Start QuickBooks software by right-clicking the icon and selecting Run as administrator.
I hope above methods helps few of QuickBooks users and save valuable time. I am sorry if my grammar or spelling shows any error 😊. If you have any issue or queries, please feel free to call or have a live chat with me.
Method #3: Update QuickBooks to the latest VERSION
It is always advised to install the latest update of QuickBooks Desktop.