I just downloaded QuickBooks 2018 and cannot connect to my old file. I get error messages about the firewall with Norton, which I think I’ve fixed, but still can’t get the backed up file to download. help! Please!
Windows Firewall Blocking QuickBooks
QuickBooks Accounting Software is calibrated to support the financial sector of the market. Its advanced tools make it very easy for the users to use and manage systematically but due to various known or unknown reasons, QuickBooks may face issues like disrupted communication of QuickBooks with the computer or your multi-user function/operation may also be corrupted due to invalid/destroyed/damaged .qbw file.
Steps to configure or set up a Firewall with Norton Settings in QuickBooks
- At first, the firewall ports that need to be configured. To open firewall ports automatically and fix the network issue (company file), you need to install and open QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Now, configure the Antivirus or Firewall Program, you first have to add ports for third-party firewall configuration. You need to set up TCP and then set up the required port. For instance; QB Desktop 2017: 55373-55377, 56727 or 8019 etc.
Now, use third-party firewall or antivirus (Norton) to add the executable file. E.g.: Intuit Sun Manager, Database Manager Exe.exe, etc.
To configure all your ports manually in Firewall Settings:
- Server 2003: Open Firewall and add port.
- Now, select TCP and the Type in the dedicated port.
- Now, check that it is successfully edited. Click on OK and then restart QuickBooks (Try to open in Multi-user mode)
- If you are using Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Server 12/8, open firewall settings and click on advanced settings.
- Click on the port you want to select and then click on the TCP that you want to select.
- Now, all the connection to set up Here, you need to give a name to the selected port. I.e. QBPort and then click on OK to save it.
- Use multi-user mode to open it to make sure that the issue is resolved or not.
Disabled QuickBooks Windows Firewall
There may be situations where QDB Server Manager can’t scan the QuickBooks Company File and shows this error message:
- Started Network Diagnostics with Windows Firewall: No Defined Exception (Disabled)
- Issues Detected with Network Diagnostic and Windows Firewall: No Defined Exception (Disabled)
- Failed to Resolve Network Diagnostics Error.
Important Points to be noted:
- QuickBooks File Doctor is the best possible solution: It will help you open all important firewall ports and rectify if there is an issue in the firewall ports.
- You can go for manual settings if you are using Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Server 12/8/3. Rectify issue via Manual Settings.
Get Technical Assistance on QuickBooks Firewall
Our QuickBooks Technical Assistance is available to provide you complete support if you need any information or for any error that hindered your QuickBooks work process. To connect with our QuickBooks Tech support Team, you can ping us on Live Chat Support from our Website. Call on our QuickBooks Toll-Free QuickBooks Number 855 481 5335 and Official Email Address. Connect with us via any mode and our team will get back to you.