When this QuickBooks message 6147, 0 may occur?
QuickBooks Error -6147, 0: the error usually appears while taking a backup of the company file or when the user tries to restore the company file.
The reason behind the error code that you can get resolved by connecting with our technical team via Live Chat Support
- Corrupt/Missing or Damaged Company/Data file.
- Restore the backup with the help of network drive
- The backup file may exceed 210 characters
Steps using which you can get the issue solved:
Important Points: If there is some error in the backup, go to method 2.
Important Points: If you have installed any security software or you have Trend Micro Titanium, go for Method 3.
- Method 1: Download the qb File Doctor. To run this tool, install this.
- Method 2: Restore the data backup via another path.
Important Point: If there is an issue in your backup file, go with the solution procedure to host the backup or you can go to the network drive to host the file. Check a copy of the backup file onto another location in your PC.
Make sure that it does not host your computer.
- Go to the File menu and click on the utilities.
- If you see Multi-User Access option in the list, click on the Stop Hosting:
- Click on the above option.
- Now, click on yes.
- Now, you will see a closed option in the company file window, click on yes.
- Now, go to the backup file of your system, restore from it. If you have another backup in your system, you can restore that backup also.
If the problem still remains in your software, the company file path should have less than 210 characters. For instance: here is a company file that has less or more than 210 company characters in it.
- Even if there occurs an issue in the program file, here is the specific path that you need to the company file having less than 210 characters. I.e., the path has 125 characters: C:\Documents → Settings → All Users → Documents → Intuit → QuickBooks → Sample Company Files → QuickBooks 2010 → Sample_company_file.qbw. (Exactly 250 characters)
- If the problem still persists in your computer, you can contact our technical support team to get this issue resolved.
Method 3: You need to configure Micro Active Scan settings. Identify the folder that has a company file. Keep that particular folder aside.
To find out the location of the company file:
- From the keyboard, long-press the control key and then double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Your software will open but your company file will remain closed.
- From the list of the window no company open, you have to select the company file. Make sure that it is on the top.
- Now, look at the file that bears file location.
The resolution has certain technical points that, sometimes, can’t be understood by non-technical persons. Here is what you can do in that case: you need to contact our technical support team via our Toll-Free Number +1855-481-5335, Live Chat Support or send us an email on our Official Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org.