Upgrade to a new QuickBooks Desktop version 2022
If you are looking for upgrading your QuickBooks to the latest available version, we will show you how to do it.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
Before you start, here is the process you need to follow before upgrade:
- Make sure you have admin access as the user with Admin rights can upgrade QuickBooks.
- Once the company file or data files are upgraded/converted to the latest version, it won’t be opened in the previous versions.
- All the QuickBooks Pro and Premier files, if converted into QuickBooks Enterprise, it won’t be available for use in QuickBooks Pro and Premier.
- QuickBooks Enterprise files are only for use in QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Make sure that all the files are converted locally:
- Make sure all the users log-out from all the devices.
- Copy the file to the local system from the server.
- Now, take the backup of the files and other necessary folders. The backup if just a precaution that you may need in case restoring is required.
Point to be noted: It is recommended to run the rebuild locally in the version of QuickBooks that you are using. Then only, convert the file on QuickBooks. The process of handling the damaged data may be converted in this.
For an active subscription of QuickBooks, an updated copy of all the files will automatically be created. Following steps need to be performed if the company files need to be updated again.
Here are the steps you need to follow to upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open the version of QuickBooks Desktop you use.
- Now, go to the File Menu → Click on the Open and Restore Company.
- Now, click on the open a company file and then click on Next.
- Now, highlight the data and then click on Open.
Point to be noted: If it shows the pop-up to move your company file, follow the mentioned below steps.
- Go through the information that New Version Pane or Update Company File shows. Select the checkbox and then click on Update Now.
- Follow all the on-screen instruction to take the back of the file. Don’t forget the location where the file is saved. You need it in further steps.
- While opening the company file in the QuickBooks Upgrade, a window message will appear “Do you want to continue?” Click on the Yes and wait for the file to open.
Read More: QuickBooks Desktop 2021 – New One.
These are the recommended steps that you need to follow once the upgrade process finishes:
- The backup needs to be saved in a safe location until you are sure that you don’t need it further.
- If you have copied the file from some other system, a copy needs to be created in the same system from where it is copied.
- If you don’t find the company file in that particular folder or the original location, you need to search for *.QBW file. (You just need to make sure that your system doesn’t have hidden file and folder settings ON.
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop Payroll integrated with your system, check whether your payroll services are on or not.
- Click on Employees Menu → Click on My Payroll Services and then click on Billing/Account Information.
Our Assistance for you
To know more, you can connect with us via our LIVE CHAT, is available all-time to provide you assistance
Few Good Topics to Read
- How to Fix When QuickBooks Backup Failed?
- What to do when QuickBooks Outlook is not responding?
- How to fix QuickBooks error code 15270?
- Component required for pdf print from QuickBooks is missing error
- How to resolve when qbcfmonitorservice not running on this server?