QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software that is serving the various small scale and medium scale businesses successfully. With QuickBooks you can get the dates of transactions changed for your customers, it enables you to make changes in the opening balance sheets for the financial accounts.
Start dates of the opening balances of yours in vendor, bank, customers along with other accounts can be easily edited in the list of Chart of Accounts. By correcting opening dates for the QuickBooks accounts you can easily get the incorrect opening balances modified and can present the accurate statistics and numbers while creating the reports.
Not just that, QuickBooks helps you in creating reports and statutes easily, which can help you to analyze the status in one glance. With QuickBooks accounting software, tracking the important accounting related data has become very easy.
Let’s learn how to change the dates in QuickBooks:
Changing the dates of Job or Customer Transaction
- Click on the menu of ‘Customers’ and then tap on “Customer Center”
- Then select the tab saying Transactions
- Make sure the transaction you are willing to edit is selected now. Some common transactions are invoices, sales orders, balance details and statement charges
- Then tap twice on the transaction that you are looking forward to edit, tap on the field saying ‘Date’ and enter the new date by using the calendar
- After that click on Save.
Changing the Vendor Transaction Dates
- Tap on the Vendors menu and then choose Vendor Center, in order to get the vendor transactions changed
- Select the tab saying, Vendors
- Then get the vendor selected from the lists in order to edit the transactions as per the vendor
- Then on the Date field, double click in order to get the date changed by clicking on the icon of Calendar and choosing the new date to be entered
- After that click on Save.
Changing the QuickBooks Start Date
- Tap on the menu of Lists and then on the Chart of Accounts
- Then click twice on the account of Opening Bal Equity so that account register is accessed
- By scrolling up go to the register’s first item. Then make sure that date of every transaction is changed with the memo, where you are able to read the Opening Balance.
Any item with the start date in QuickBooks will get changed with this. Other items, not necessarily related to the opening balance can also be changed through it
The solutions provided above will help you to resolve the problem- How to Change Dates on QuickBooks. If in case it doesn’t happen and you still face the problem, then get in touch with our Fastfix247 QuickBooks tech support helpdesk. Experienced staff at our Fastfix247 QuickBooks product help will ensure that your queries are answered appropriately within the minimum time frame.
You can also have a direct conversation with the experienced staff of QuickBooks helpline by dialing our 1-855-481-5335.