Data Import from Excel File
You can also export and import the transaction types and other lists from QuickBooks Desktop with the help of different file formats.
Learn: Understand The Way to Export Data from QuickBooks Enterprise
Here is how you can import excel files:
You can import Item, Vendor, Customer and Chart of Account with the help of Excel Sheet. There are several options available to import data from excel file to QuickBooks.
Basically, there are two types of import procedures:
- Standard import
- Advance import
QuickBooks provides an Excel Spreadsheet in a set format where it is easy to enter all the information. Once you enter the data, save it and close it. The result can, then, be viewed in QuickBooks in the form of information.
Let’s take a look at the steps you need to go through to import Vendors, Customers and Products you sell:
- Click on the File menu → click on Utilities → select Import and then click on Excel Files.
- Now, click on Edit/Add Multiple List Window and then select No.
- Now, follow the import file wizard.
- Click on the data type.
- A formatted excel spreadsheet is opened in QuickBooks. Once the information is entered, save it and close it. Now, you will see the option Add My Data now.
- Now, take a look at the result and then check data in QuickBooks.
- Select Close when click on Done.
Point to be Noted: To import additional customer, vendor or item data from excel using this option, you can always go back to this window.
To import Chart of Accounts
Point to be Noted: Before you initiate importing, it is recommended that the backup the company file needs to be created.
- Select the List Menu and then select the Chart of Account.
- Now, select the Account drop-down button and then click on Import from the Excel.
- Select the browse button for selecting the excel file for importing.
- Click on File and then click on the Open button.
- Click on the Excel Sheet and select where you want to import the data.
- Now, map the account.
- Type in a mapping name.
- Select Account Import Type
- Now, QuickBooks matches information under the column of the excel sheet.
- Click on the Save button.
- Click on the import button. If you want to import it for the first time, click on the Yes and the process will be confirmed.
Also Read: Import Data from MS Access to QuickBooks
Export Excel files
You can export the Payroll list, Vendor and Customer and Transaction. You can also export all the items in the excel spreadsheet. For a change in the appearance of the report, first, export the report and then make changes in the report
To export Vendor/ Customer/transactions/Payroll list:
- Open the Customer/Vendor/Payroll centre.
- Check Excel drop-down, click on it and then select:
- Export Vendor/ Customer/Employee list to export vendor/ customer/employee data like balances, name and contact information.
- To export the transaction, you can do it either by name or transaction type.
- Now, go to the export window, select update existing worksheet or create a new worksheet.
- Select the export button and the QuickBooks will show in MS Excel and then make changes in the information as required.
To know more, call us on our Toll-Free Number +, you can also get in touch with us via our Official Email Address email@example.com. We have an advanced technical support team to provide you with complete and detailed assistance. Connect with our team now and our team will provide you with all the important information if you feel trouble while working on QuickBooks or face some issue.