Whether it is home edition or under the professional environment, whether it is the single-user mode or multi-user mode, a valid license is required to access QuickBooks Software. If you have installed QuickBooks Database Server Manager in your computer, the server manager will automatically check what updates are pending or necessarily required and make the amendments as Database Server Manager suggests.
Follow these steps to install QuickBooks Desktop in your home computer:
Step 1: Prepare the installation:
- First of all, make sure that your system is compatible with your system requirement.
- Now, download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. Here, you need to save the file from where you can easily take this out and start the process – Windows Desktop.
- Keep the license number and the product key handy.
Step 2: Initiate QuickBooks Desktop installation:
- Open QuickBooks.exe file. The file that you have downloaded from the 2nd step.
- Here, onscreen instructions will appear. Accept the license agreement and then click on Next.
- Enter License Number and Product Key. Now, click on Next.
Step 3: Select the type of installation which is right for your business process
It will show you two installation options:
- Custom or Express
Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop
Express Installation is recommended in scenarios such as
- A first-time user
- QuickBooks reinstallation
- Going to use QuickBooks in a single computer only (Not a part of a computer network)
To start express installation:
- First, click on Express and then click on Next.
- Now, click on the Install.
- Once the installation finishes, double-click on QuickBooks to start it.
Network or custom install
Custom installation is recommended in situations like:
- Using default location to install QuickBooks. Here, the server is the default location.
- When the company file is hosted on sock server.
- Set-up of multi-user network
To custom or network install:
- Click on the option: Custom & Network and then click on Next.
- Click on the option that shows use QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the next screen and then click on change the location of installation.
- Here, click on the browse button to select the path where you want to save the QuickBooks folder. Program folder is the better option to save the file.
- Click on Next and the installation process will start.
- Wait for the installation to finish. Once finished, double-click on QuickBooks to check whether QuickBooks is working or not.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks Accounting Software:
Once the installation finishes, update and activate notification will pop-up. Select the requisite option to initiate the process.
In case you find any issue or trouble process any step, connect with us via our technical support helpline number +. We are also available through our all-time available email support or live chat support. Our official email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and for live chat, you can connect with us through the down-right corner of the website.