Question 1: I have Custom transaction numbers turned off but QuickBooks desktop is still assigning invoice number’s used last year.
Question 2: My QuickBook is 2019 premier 2 users. Why my invoice number is duplicated every time?
The below-mentioned solutions are particularly for the QuickBooks user, both Desktop and Online version. In case the check payment or an invoice is sent to QuickBooks TO ME, it means there is a useful configuration setting given by QuickBooks software that prevents the information’s from generating duplicate invoices in QuickBooks.
Read This: How to Recover a Deleted Invoice in QuickBooks?
Once these settings are enabled, if for some reason ME is trying to send a check or invoice already in your computer, QuickBooks sends a message again to ME that prevents the export and consequences for the item that appears on the page ‘ME Export’. The check or invoice can be then ‘skipped’ in ME, needing no further action.
Read This: How to Invoicing Customers in QuickBooks?
The file including invoice data might have been imported twice into QuickBooks as you find manifold duplicated invoices. Since the option “Skip transactions with similar reference numbers” was checked
- FYI 1: The invoice numbers are created external to QuickBooks and integrated as part of the import.
- FYI 2: Each invoice had manifold items line. Each of the items line was duplicated.
For QuickBooks software users:
Once in the suitable client file in QuickBooks is selected, find the gear icon to allow configuring the settings. From the Settings page, choose “Advanced”. And then search the bottom section marked “Other preferences”.
In that section, there are (2) two configuration settings:
- “Warn if the duplicate check number is been used”. Click ON for this
- “Warn if the duplicate bill number is been used”. Choose ON for this.
For QuickBooks Desktop users:
Preventing Duplicate Invoices:
- Click “Preferences”, and then from the left menu, choose “Bills”. On the Preferences window screen, click to “Company Preferences”.
- Mark the box that includes “Warning about the duplicate bill numbers from the matching vendor.”
Preventing Duplicate Check#s:
- Click “Preferences”, and then from the left menu, choose “Checking”. On the Preferences window screen, click the “Company Preferences”.
- Then, Mark in the box that says “Warn about the duplicate check numbers.”
Customer Transaction Number preference
You can search the Customer Transaction Number options in the Accounts and section Settings in QuickBooks.
- Click the QuickBooks software Gear icon
- Choose Account and then Settings.
- Click the Sales tab.
- Click the Sales form content section.
- Unmark the box Custom transaction numbers
- Click Save, and then click Done
Hope the above enough explained you with a necessary method to prevent duplicate invoices in QuickBooks. However, if you are still doubtful regarding the procedure, simply contact the QuickBooks experts.
Want expert advice to fix the error?
The QuickBooks professional has years of experience and training in tackling with a kind of problem associated with QuickBooks. They effortlessly identify and fix the error with proper solution and instruction required.
Read This: How to Create an Invoice in QuickBooks?
To prevent duplicate invoice number in the future, you can customize your Accounts and Settings preference.
If it’s a duplicate invoice, you’ll need to delete it.
- Open the invoice.
- Scroll down at the bottom and click More.
- Choose Delete if its a duplicate invoice.
- Edit the Invoice no. if its only a duplicate invoice number.
- Click Save.
Connect with Fastfix247 professional by simply calling a toll-free number . Our certified experts are also readily available for 24×7 on Live Chat Support.