In QuickBooks, you might want to isolate the specific section of the register based on the date/time and then back up the file. You can easily filter or sort a register according to the date in QuickBooks online. An account history or register lists transaction can be isolated /excluded/filtered for an account. Avail support from certified professional to isolate a specific section of register manually without much trouble.
Note: Some of the registers, such as Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, can only be filtered/ sorted by Date.
Default registers transactions listed by latest date. Nevertheless, you can isolate/sort most registers by performing the following criteria.
- Date: Based on the transaction date, Sort the list
- Ref no: Based on the transaction reference number, Sort the list
- Type: Based on the type of transaction Sorts the list
- Payment: Based on the amount of the payment Sorts the list
- Deposit: Based on the deposit amount Sorts the list
- Reconcile Status: Based on the reconciliation status of transaction Sorts the list
- To verify whether you can sort based on the values in a column, check the column header. If an arrow up or down displays, you can sort/filter by that column.
- To remove or add columns, choose the Gear icon in the Balance column and select the checkboxes of the columns
- The Balance column only shows a balance amount when the register is sorted by Reconcile Status or Date.
- If you sort based on any other column, the Balance column shows N/A.
Also Read: QuickBooks Failed to Register
You can also apply filters to minimize the number of listed transactions.
- Choose the Filter icon.
- Enter a precise reference number, name or amount in the Find field to see any transaction matching.
- Choose a filter from the drop-down menu list to apply in the Reconcile Status, Date fields or date range, Transaction Type, and Payee in the Form and To fields.
- And then click to Apply.
- The register shows only the transactions that suit the filter.
Avail advance support
If you are still unable to isolate a section of the register, you can always benefit support service from highly skilled and certified experts. They offer a reliable solution for round the clock with essential instruction required in QuickBooks. Else you can straight away call Fastfix247 at Toll-free Helpline Number +. Do avail instant support from them via QuickBooks Chat Support direct from the website.