Query: I was reconciling last month as I always do and this time i got a message “An Unknown QuickBooks account was used” and my system is locked.. I purchased my version on 2/21/18 at Best Buy. Now i can’t login to my Intuit QuickBooks. Please help.Introduction: Are you not able to login to your QuickBooks Accounts despite entering the correct username and passcode? This login problem can trigger owning to a variety of reasons that we can help you understand.
This article aims to explicate the main causes and some easy course of action to fix the login problem in a flash.
Read This: How to Fix Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Login Error?
Prime causes with QuickBooks Login Error
Let’s have a brief look at some of the main causes that trigger this error notification:
- When you or your certified public accountant (whom you have given access rights) is trying to sing in your business file by means of the Remote access provision and somehow could not sign out from their preceding session.
- QuickBooks accounting software application basically doesn’t let the users to login problem when the users of the QB accounts is that time signed in their business files from another machine.
To find an instant solution to your problem, you can even seek the assistance of our FastFix247 QuickBooks desktop tech support team.
How can you troubleshoot the‘Can’t log on to QuickBooks Account error notification’?
Below, are some the easy to do solutions for the ‘Can’t log on to QuickBooks Account error notification’ and can definitely help you get rid of the problem in a jiffy.
Option 1: Terminate all the QuickBooks accounting software application processes
Sometimes, there are some of the processes of the QuickBooks software application that are running the background that maybe instigating this type of issue.Here are some of the steps that you can follow to terminate all the QuickBooks programs processes:
- Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboards all in one go so as to open the Windows Task Manager.
- When the Task Manager dialog box appears on your computer screen, just try to look for the Processes option
- Now, you have to organize all the processes in an alphabetical order so make sure you select the correct image title
- In the list, you will see that all the processes start with ‘QB’ just right click on each of them
- Press on the End Process option
- After this, try to run your QB program
- You will be prompted to sign in by providing your login credentials. You need to do the same as asked.
- In case, you are not able to enter your company account then you have to reboot the dedicated server wherein you keep your business files.
- Once you have rebooted the server, make another attempt to sign in to your QB account
- After this, you have to try to open your business file
- Even after rebooting the server, the problem still persists then try to login in our QB accounts with different login details
- Here you can even seek the assistance of the QuickBooks professionals to help you reset your QB login details provided you are not able to recall your credentials
- If hold the admin rights, then you need to proceed with given steps:
- Double click on the reset tab that you can easily find on the sign in window.
- After that, you will be prompted to answer the security question that you must have set during the registration of your account
- Otherwise, try to reinstate your backup copy and fix the problem you are facing.
Read This: Fix QuickBooks ProAdvisor Login Issues
Option 2: Restart your machine, modem, and router
To restart your machine, you need to proceed in the sequence as mentioned below:
- Firstly, turn off your computer
- Disconnect your cable or DSL modem (whichever you are using currently)
- Disconnect the wireless router
- After this, be patient and wait for 30-60 seconds and connect your modem as well as the router
Option 3: Cross-check your security configuration
To do so, please proceed with given steps:
- Go to The Internet option, select Tools
- Select Internet options and then Advanced tab
- Ensure you have not marked the checkbox of Don’t keep a copy of the encrypted page to disk.
- Hit Ok and then close
Still, not able to fix the ‘Can’t log on to QuickBooks Account issue? Worry not and just dial our 855 481 5335 now and speak to our FastFix247 QuickBooks technical support team expert for an instant solution.