Query: My QuickBooks data disappeared. I received an error code. It is “Missing Name list problem”. in QuickBooks Desktop.
Have you ever run into the Error Missing Name List Problem in QuickBooks Desktop, while trying to open your company file? If yes, then you don’t have to get disconcerted and worried about what wrong has happened with your program.
Nothing is there in this world that can’t be fixed provided you need to be patient and calmly perform steps that we will discuss ahead.
For an instant resolution, you can speak to our FastFix247 QuickBooks tech support team. In this article, we shall be discussing some of the quickest ways to fix the Error Missing Name List Problem in QuickBooks Desktop error notification.
What happens when QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem in Desktop Occurs?
Quick Solution: You must run the file doctor from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- If your company file has been rebuilt since you started noticing the missing names, you’ll want to restore the backup made prior to the rebuild.
- Open QuickBooks and your company file. Press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information screen.
When you will be experiencing this type of error, you will be seeing the given message:
We are sorry! QuickBooks is not able to open your business file. Try to reboot your machine to fix the issue.
How to troubleshoot Error Missing Name List Problem in QuickBooks Desktop?
User Query: My customers & vendors are missing in QuickBooks Desktop, how to get them back. Yesterday it says “QuickBooks did not find in your list of products and services”. How to to use QuickBooks problem repair utility?
Option 1: Make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (connection diagnostic tool)
- Firstly, try to set up the tool and double click on its icon saved in the location you opted at the time of downloading.
- Locate your company file in the list of options
- Click on the Diagnose File tab.
- Provide you Admin credentials
- Now, follow the instructions as indicated by the tool to reinstate your file
- Reboot your machine to apply the changes.
Option 2: Pull through misplaced data through QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
To recover the latest transaction with the use of actual files with extension .tlf and .qbw.adr, follow the given steps:
- First of all, try to make a new folder on your Desktop with the label QB Test.
- Double click on the folder in which you have stored your business file.
Note: To find the site of the business file on the Product Information window, you just need to hold down F2 or Ctrl+1 key simultaneously.
- Try to search for the file with extension .tlg in your company file’s list of options. It will have the similar label as that of your business file.
- Take a copy of the matching .tlg file of your business file, and paste the same to the QB Test folder that you created in Step 1.
- Double click on the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder so as to open the same. It is in the identical site as your business file.
- Now, take a copy of the file with extension .QBW.adr and paste the same into the QB Test Folder. By now, you will have a .QBW.adr and .tlg file saved in your QB Test folder.
- Go to the QB Test folder that you created in Step 1, do the right click on the file with extension .QBW.adr and choose to Rename.
- Remove .adr that you can see at the tail of the file.
- Click on QuickBooks.
- Double click on the business file stored in QB Test folder. Provide your credentials to confirm all transactions are present.
- Click on File >then Utilities >Confirm Data to verify the data integrity of the amended file.
- In case, the copy of the business file is alright, you can transfer the impaired business file to another site and relocate the copy from QB Test to the actual site.
Option 3: Restore a backup of the business file
- Firstly, try to open the File list of choices and then tap on Open or Restore Company.
- Tap on the Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- Ensure you opt Local Backup and click Next.
- From the list of options, make sure you select the site of the backup file.
- Click on the backup file from the list with extension .qbb.
- Tap on Open and click Next.
- Go to the Save list of choices; ensure you select the site to save your restored file.
- Enter the new file label.
- Click on Save, then cautiously skim through and reply to any notification that shows up on your computer screen before the restoration process begins.
Still if you face QuickBooks error missing name list problem repair utility and looking for speedy recovery from Error Problem in QuickBooks Desktop? Consult our FastFix247 QuickBooks enterprise technical support team by calling on the toll-free QuickBooks helpline.