Query: The user is facing issue while multiple user access on POS. The immediate technician approached that it did not have a static IP from ISP. And neither the POS item nor profile has a default warehouse.
What should be done in that case?
QuickBooks Point of Sale is recommended and beneficial software that is used by many small and medium sized businesses in the retail sector specifically. It eases and simplifies the business activities of the business and helps the owner to save time. There are many strong features integrated in the software that helps to give a clear picture of the inventory, can track sales and profits for multiple locations, helps in merchant service reconciliation and many more. The POS software allows multiple user access and there are certain errors that the users face while using the software in multi user mode.
For using multiple user access to POS you need to set up it in your system following certain steps:
Prior to configuring multi user set up you need to ensure that you meet all the system requirements of Point of Sale. You need to get a Store Exchange overview for setting up multi store.
- Configure the folder permissions
- Set up Windows Firewall
- Convert the Server to multi user mode
- Setting up of workstation number
Errors Faced in Multi User Issues in Point of Sale
The following errors crops up when you open your company file on a client workstation:
- Error: Resolving the Connection
- Error: Not connected to the server
- Error: Mention that the Server and Company Data File
- Point of Sale stops working
The Error occurs due to other reasons mentioned below:
- Server is not set up in the multi-user mode
- Connection blockage by a Firewall and/or third party application between the server and work area
- Network connectivity problems
- The IP address considered as a dynamic IP
- Improper configuration of Network sharing and folder permissions
How to Fix the QuickBooks Multi User POS Error?
Intuit has recommended certain solutions for fixing this issue. Maintain the sequence of the solutions as mentioned for the feasible resolution of the error.
- Make sure that your Server is in multi-user mode
- Configuration of Folder Permissions
III. Rename the WSActivity file
- Set up of Firewall ports
- Edits Windows Host File
In case the error persists you can approach QuickBooks customer support number. Else you can prefer to contact fastfix247.com that is a highly acclaimed QuickBooks support agency known for its quick and quality assistance. The well trained QuickBooks support team employed here helps you in all possible ways to resolve your POS error maintaining the shortest wait time. Connect with the team through the toll free number +18554815335 that is easily approachable 24X7.