Question: I accidentally send a payment to the wrong vendor & now i need to cancel payments in QuickBooks. How to Do this?
Introduction: Was the payment sent to the wrong vendor? It is a very common issue that almost every business owner faces on regular basis. Even after taking all precaution and prevention measures, such situations always surround you occasionally. If something like this happens with you at any point of time, here is how QuickBooks can help you: You can easily Cancel Payment that you have made to the Wrong Vendor.
It is very important that you recognize the difference between Stopping a Payment and Canceling a Payment. For a payment which is about to be processed or has already been processed, you need to get in touch with your bank or financial institution to stop the processed payment.
If you work on QuickBooks Online, you just need to follow a few easy steps and the payment will be canceled. You have to set a delivery date every time you create a payment. Until this due date, the financial institution or bank doesn’t process the payment.
Read This: How to Setting Up Automatic Payment in QuickBooks
If you have cancelled the payment before the due date, no issue or error message should pop-up. In addition to this, almost all the banks/financial institutions process all kinds of payment in 24-48 hours and the process doesn’t start until the due date.
Here are the steps to cancel the payment:
- Go to the Online Banking Center
- Click on the Cancel Payment
- Now, to cancel the transaction, you need to select “Send Check”
- Once the process completes, click on the Close button and then close the Banking Center.
- Now, open your Online Banking Center and then select the register to open it (The register should be linked with your account from which you make payments).
- Now, to cancel the transaction, you need to find it in the register.
- Select the Transaction, select the Edit Menu and then click on the Cancel Payment
- Cross-check to confirm that you have only canceled the payment that you wanted to cancel.
- Once you confirm that the payment is canceled, select OK.
Are you sure that this is the same payment that has been canceled?
You can check payment status via Online Banking Centre. Let’s assume that the payment has already been canceled, it should now appear in the “Items to Send” list.
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, you just need to have access to either bill payment check or the bills.
To Cancel the Transaction, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Register Window and search the transaction that you want to cancel.
- Now, you will see a Go To button on the top of the screen. Click on it.
- Click on Edit –> Click on Delete Bill or Void Payment
- If you void the transaction, it will show $0 but your QuickBooks Account will keep the record of it
- If you delete a bill, it will completely remove all the traces of the Transaction.
To know more about Canceling Payment in QuickBooks, you can connect with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team via our Live Chat Support or QuickBooks Enterprise Support Toll-Free Number (855) 481-5335.