In our professional life, there are many financial and business tasks that need to be gone under multi-user mode. This means that you have to share the data with or you can say – give access to other members of the team. Here is the process that you need to follow for a successful network installation to share data under multi-user mode.
Now, let’s follow all the orders in the same order as they are mentioned:
Step 1: Download and Install your QuickBooks Desktop
When you are in a multi-user network, only one system holds all the company files. Its the server computer that hosts the file. The rest are workstations that hold the company files. These workstations remain connected to the server to gain access.
- We suppose your system doesn’t have QuickBooks Desktop installed in it. First of all, we’ll install the QuickBooks Desktop in the server.
- For installation type, click on custom and network installation.
- Now, click on the check-box that you would be using qb desktop in the system… The checkbox is actually to host the full version of QuickBooks Desktop in the same computer. Else, don’t select the checkbox, but remember that this won’t let the full version of QuickBooks installed in the system.
- Now finish the installation by following on-screen instructions.
You can go with the above step (Step 4), however, we still recommend you go with the “Save file in Server’s Local Drive”. This helps easy access to the files using the local drive.
And the added benefit to this is that you can keep all your files in the mapped network drive.
Follow these steps to map your drive:
Set permission to the folder:
Here, you actually need to make sure that the folder which has all the company files has the permission to make your files over the network.
Database Server Manager Installation
Once step one finishes, QuickBooks also starts the installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the same server system. Check whether the server manager has been installed successfully.
Set administrative rights
Make sure you have Windows admin rights to log-in to your computer server. Once the log-in is successful, it’s time to move to the next step.
Turn the hosting on:
Now that the set-up has successfully been installed, its time to turn your QuickBooks on in multi-user access. Your server computer would be the only computer with the mentioned-below features:
- In the qb desktop, click on the file menu and click on utilities.
- Now, click on host multi-user access and then click on yes. The confirmation message will appear.
All your company files are ready to be used over the network in the multi-user mode.
Read More: How to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
In case you feel any trouble in installing QuickBooks over the network to gain access over multi-user mode. Our team from the other end will provide you with all technical and functional information to keep your software in up and running position once again.