Whenever the user clicks on the finish to update the records, you may see the following message: “Failed to Update”
You may face the issue due to multiple reasons:
- When any payment or pay element has been duplicated with the same reference.
- When the employee has both the options name salary and the pay element in the name of salary.
- When the description of the pay element contains more than 30 characters.
- When you upgrade to Sage 50Cloud Payroll from Instant Payroll, there may be missing pay element.
- Data corruption
You need to follow the mentioned below resolution procedure to fix the issue
The duplicate pay elements need to be checked:
- Go to the employee button, double-click on it and then select the Employment tab.
- Now, select the pay element option and then use the same reference to check the pay elements.
- Proceed to the next step if you encounter duplicate elements
- Note down Year-to-date (YTD) for all the payment elements.
- Here, Year-to-date (YTD) values need to be removed from all the elements.
- The employees pay elements need to be assigned and then Year-to-date values need to be entered.
Now, the two salary option need to be checked:
- Select the payroll option and then click on the Employee.
- Now, select the pay elements. Make sure that no two salary options are listed.
- If you find two salary option listed, proceed to step 4
- Select the close button and then select the relevant employees.
- Select the Employment tab and then select the Pay Element.
- The in-use drop-down will open, select the not-in-use salary pay elements.
- Select Save and then select Close button.
Also Read: Sage Payroll Update Error
Check if the description of the pay element is more than 30 characters
- Select the company and then select the pay element.
- If required, select the Edit option and then make changes in the description for less than 30 characters.
Our Technical Support
To get into complete detail about Sage Payroll Past Due, call us on our Toll-Free Number + or you can drop an email on our Official Email Address email@example.com. We are also available through Live Chat Support through our website.