Question: Hi when I try to get payroll updates or tax forms I get the error message Windows file already exist. how do I fix this?
Intuit regularly provides payroll updates, which include the latest forms and abide by the most recent norms. However, many users have reported that they get an error even after installing the payroll updates. There are exclamation marks on the transactions and alerts pop up asking users to restart QuickBooks and then install the updates. Even after installing the updates multiple times, users have reported the continuation of this error.
Read More: QuickBooks Tax Forms – Federal & State Forms
In order to resolve this issue, you need to go through multiple processes like installing the latest tax tables,
Get the Latest Tax Tables for QuickBooks Desktop
You have multiple options to get the latest tax tables. You can either download it directly from the accounting software, or you can order a CD and use it to install the updates.
To download the latest tax tables directly into QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch QuickBooks
- Sign into an Administrative account
- From the main menu, select Employees
- Go to Get Payroll Updates
- Click on Download the Entire Update
- Select Download Latest Updates
The progress bar for download of updates will appear. When the updates are downloaded, they will be automatically installed in the accounting software.
You can also use a CD to install payroll updates in QuickBooks Desktop. The steps to do so are provided below:
- Launch QuickBooks and Open the Employees menu
- Go to Payroll and enter the Payroll service key
- Click on Add
- Enter the service Key
- Click on Next
- Enter the Disk Delivery Key
- Click on Next
- Insert the CD with the update files into the CD drive of your system
- From the Get Payroll Updates Menu, click on Update from disk
- Click on Install
The process will finish and you’ll instantly get a confirmation message. To know more, or for help with updating payroll, get in touch with our experts at our LIVE CHAT.