This article will help you understand how you can proceed further to get the error resolved
Intuit has designed an interface that streamlines all your processes like tracking payment, creating and attaching bills or documents. Once the document is attached, it gets automatically stored in the attachment library. This helps the user to pull the data or any sort of information of every specific customer at any point in time. The document attached helps the user to ensure that the customer or client can quickly find the outstanding projects, estimates or invoice like necessary information.
You may also face the issue: Custom invoice not working in QuickBooks.
There are n-number of causes due to which your QuickBooks may find some problem with the attached document or doesn’t allow the document to get attached. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the issue fixed. After that, you’ll be able to attach the document. Once attached, it won’t even create any problem.
- Open your QuickBooks and then click on the company file.
- Now, go to the company menu and then click on the Document.
- Select the document and then click on repair attached document link.
- Now, click on open to open company file or folder
Important note: Once you click on this, the same will open the attached folder and the company file.
- Then, go to the attached folder
- The company file name and the folder name should be the same. This is to locate the folder.
Important note: The folder contains all the attached documents in it.
Follow the steps to prevent invoices from being duplicated
Attach a document to a client/customer in QuickBooks
- First of all, open QuickBooks and then select the Customer. A tab with the customer information will open.
- Click on edit to edit the customer info. Now, from the menu bar, click on the Attachment Icon. Select the options to attach the Doc Centre, Scanner, Computer or any necessary device.
- There is one more option available – You can simply drag the file in the attachment window.
- Select “Done” when the document attachment is finished.
- To attach the document, select the computer icon and then click on the file icon. For saving the file to the attachment library, select the Open tab.
- Click on the scanner icon to scan customer’s document after placing the document on the scanner. Click on done once finished.
- Click on the Doc Center to attach the file which has already been in use. Browse the file and then click on attach.
- As QuickBooks backup doesn’t take the backup of any of the attachment. That’s why it is important for you to take the backup manually in the same folder as in the QB company file.
Assistance on QuickBooks problem with the attached document:
For any type of information, you can get in touch with us via our Official Email Address email@example.com. We are also available through our Toll-Free Number +. To connect with us at any point of time, connect with us via our Live Chat Support.