Query: For a QuickBooks Pro 2001 user, can he update to the current software or have to buy new software?
QuickBooks accounting software has come up with powerful features and tools that have made running business simple and easy. It automates the business functionalities that improve the speed and accuracy of the output. The software helps to escalate the sales and profits of the business that accelerates the growth of the business. QuickBooks has different versions designed for different business sectors. These software needs to be updated when Intuit releases the product every year. With every release new features are added and the existing features are improved.
For updating the software you need to download and install it in the system. And for QuickBooks Pro installing and updating the newly released updates had been complex. Below are few steps outlined that helps in the update process of QuickBooks 2001 Pro.
Steps to Update QuickBooks Pro
- Install all Windows XP updates prior installing QB
- Install QuickBooks 2001 (QB) as a user with Administrator benefits
- While installing QB will display errors requirement of Internet Explorer 5.5 to operate
- Click the Ok and QB application will continue to install and will use Internet Explorer 6.x. Click Ok when the below fixes have been installed.
Like different Window versions, a new install of Windows XP is limited with the Windows Java Virtual Machine. Without Windows Java Virtual Machine, QuickBooks will display an error message indicating that it fails to find msjava.dll, the Windows Java Virtual Machine dynamic-link library. For msjava.dll installation you have to insert the QB CD again.
When it starts automatically and prompts with Reinstall QuickBooks -> Cancel/Run QuickBooks -> choose Cancel.
Implement the Windows Explorer to use QuickBooks CD and expand the directory to the QB application folder.
Find and then click msjavx86.exe to execute it.
Let msjava86.exe install completely and then reboot Windows.
Rectify the QB script and Active X errors. Via Windows Explorer -> Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Pro and Click reboot.bat to execute it in a DOS window. Wait till the message prompt says done -> then reboot Windows.
In case you fail to use Intuit’s automatic internet QB update feature to work. To get QuickBooks update, open a sample company. Click a file in QB -> Update QuickBooks.
Download the recent update and install it manually. It has benefit in a network environment of installing the update to several computers without downloading it once again.
- Go to QuickBooks Product Updates page.
- Click Manual Download and download the right update released by Intuit.
- Once downloaded click the file to install the recent QB update. It should do everything automatically and make sure that QB program is not running during the process. Reboot Windows.
For any problem with the above steps you can contact QuickBooks customer support number. Also you can with fastfix247.com one of the well known QuickBooks support agencies. The QB expert team over here will accord you quick and feasible steps that will help you in smooth update of QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2001. Call to the toll free number and garner the best QuickBooks support services.