Now that we take it as you have successfully downloaded the latest version of QuickBooks – QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2020, its time to get to know about the steps to upgrade your QuickBooks Company Files to the latest available version. Here are the steps you need to follow to upgrade your company files. Before that, here is a brief of how you can download the upgrade and install it.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Log-in to QuickBooks Desktop with admin credentials
- Now, go to the Help menu and then download the latest version of QuickBooks
- Initiate Installation procedure. Follow all on-screen instruction to install the upgrade.
Upgrade QuickBooks to the latest available version
Step 2: Prepare your company file for the upgrade
First of all, follow step 2 and then follow step 3 for successful and error-free upgrade process:
- First, open the present version of QuickBooks Software. Now, select which company file you want to upgrade, open it.
- Here, you need to open the product information window. To do so, press F2
- Check-out the file information section and then check the location where your company file is saved.
- The rebuild tools prepare the company files for all types of upgrades. Run the tool.
Step 3: Start the company file upgrade process
When you open QuickBooks company file to the newer version, It, for the first time, as for the company ile upgrade. Always make sure that you have a copy of the company file as once the company file is upgraded, you won’t be able to open the company file to its previous version.
- First of all, make sure that all the users have logged-out of QuickBooks and company file.
- Open the upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- For not having the company file opened, you need to open & restore. Now, click on the File menu and then click on Open & Restore Company.
- Here, you will see open a company file option, click on Next. Now, restore the back-up of the company file (QBB) instead of the company file (QBW) and then create a local backup.
- You must be having the file location in step 1, browse the company file from your system. Select it and then click on open.
- Use your admin credentials to open the company file.
- First, take the backup of the company file. QuickBooks automatically takes the backup. Then start the upgrade process.
- Click on update now and then start the upgrade process.
- Wait for the process to finish. Once finished, click on Done.
To know more in detail on QuickBooks Company File Upgrade or if any error arises, call us on Toll-Free Number +1855-481-5335 or you connect with us via our E-mail Address email@example.com. We are also available through Live Chat Support through our website www.fastfix247.com.