This particular QuickBooks error, ‘POS Error Code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number’ basically happens while the user tries to open up or attempts to register the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
As the name suggests, this error is the outcome of a wrong input. But, not always. There are various other reasons which may have led to this code issue in QuickBooks, and in this article we will talk about them.
At any moment if you get confused or feel stuck then please feel free to call our QuickBooks tech support staff. Our Fastfix247 QuickBooks tech support experts will do everything possible to help you quickly get rid of this problem.
Now, let’s find out more about this QuickBooks problem. First, let’s have a look at the possible causes of this QuickBooks issue:
- The most probable reason of this error is that probably there are a few corrupted or damaged files in the Point of Sale Entitlement folder
- Also, in case either a wrong product code or element has been used while installing it then also one can face this issue while installing the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Additionally, if the user is not logged in as an admin, and doesn’t have all the right to Windows then also this issue can occur
- Always keep in mind that the Program Data is basically just a hidden folder. In case you’re not able to locate the program data then you would have to follow all the Display hidden files and folders, or you may also choose to look for files using Windows.
Now, that you are aware of all the major causes behind this QuickBooks error, let’s focus on solving the problem.
Here are the steps to fix this issue:
Method Number One: Quickly remove all the contents present in the entitlement client folder
- With the help of Windows Explorer, go to this location in the C:\drive: Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Now, just use the keyboard and press the CTRL+A together in order to chooseeach and every file which is present in the folder
- After selecting you will have to press the Delete button
- Afterwards, click on the Yes option I order to confirm the action.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale accounting solution, and re-register the app.
- In case, you still get the error message, then please check the code that you are entering or follow further methods
Method Number Two: Give a new name to the WSActivity file
- With the help of Windows Explorer, go to this location in the C:\drive: Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Here, just Right-click on the WSActivity and click on the option that reads as Rename.
- Type in OLDWSActivity
- Click anywhere on the window in orderto save.
- Shut down the window, and then remove the entitlement again.
- Reopen the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
You should get rid of the problem by following the steps, or by checking the code again. If not, then please call our QuickBooks technical support staff. Our Fastfix247 QuickBooks technical support experts can be contacted by dialing 1.