QuickBooks is a software tool that helps in the maintenance of datasets and thereby makes the organizational procedures easy going and accurate. However, at the same time, it appears to be of great help in letting you convert Sage 50 or Peachtree software data to QuickBooks-compatible products using the QuickBooks Conversion tool.
But at times, there are technical issues that lead to QuickBooks Conversion tool not working error. The most common scenario being the “Couldn’t find the converting option on menu of QuickBooks 2018.”In this connection, contacting FastFix247 QuickBooks Payroll tech support helpdesk can be of great help in letting you deal with the issue.
Causes, Symptoms & Impact – QuickBooks Conversion Tool
The causes of the error can be many but the most prominent of all have been listed below:
- Conversion tool system requirements are not fulfilled
- The tool does not work with 64-bit Windows version (Vista and Windows 7)
- You’re trying to convert Sage 50 to QuickBooks
There are other causes that may also lead to the missing of the QuickBooks converting option in the 2018 version. You can connect with the Fastfix247 technical team of experts to know about more cases and the resolutions for the same.
Read This: How to Fix “QuickBooks has stopped working”
Using Cloud hosting for QuickBooks
When you own or manage a business premise, you aim at having complete control over the ambiance. However, your official trips and tours do not allow you to keep a watch on the data being entered from time to time. Using cloud hosting for QuickBooks will give you an opportunity to access your file on the software at any time of the day from anywhere through any device you’re using.
How to fix Error during QuickBooks Conversion?
Solution 1: Ensure system requirements are fulfilled
The system requirements to make the QuickBooks Conversion tool are as follows:
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- RAM: A minimum of 512 MB
- Hard drive: 2.5 GB free space
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II
- QuickBooks version: Pro, Premier as well as Enterprise Solutions 2015 onwards are supported
- Microsoft .NET Framework: Minimum version 2.0
Solution 2: Get rid of the 64-bit Windows version
The converting option may not be there if you’re trying the tool on a 64-bit Windows Vista or Windows 7. Hence, it is recommended for you to opt for a clean installation of 32-bit Vista version. Plus, go for QuickBooks and Office Accounting installation at the same time on your system. You will be able to resolve the problem.
Solution 3: Change setting to covert Sage 50 data file
Stage 1: Access credential settings
- Launch Sage 50
- Open company file to be converted
- Browse to Main Menu
- Select maintain
- Choose Users
- Select Setup Security
- Click Data Access/Crystal Reports section
- Choose With the following login information
- Click Change button and set a unique password
- Close Sage 50
Stage 2: Run the Conversion tool
- Download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool
- Go to the folder you save it in
- Right-click the tool
- Choose Run as Administrator
Stage 3: Covert the data file
- Select Sage 50 company file by clicking Browse
- You will find a Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN setup window
- From there, select the company name and click O
- Enter the company file password that you have set up in Stage 1
- Click Next
- Select the QB product you want to convert the company file to
- Go to the company file
- Click Next
- You will get the conversion details on the Ready to Convert window
- Click Convert File and the process starts
- Press Convert File This will start the QB conversion tool
- Once the process finishes, Open in QuickBooks
- Check everything to ensure the process has completed successfully
If the above-mentioned solutions don’t work or you have advanced QuickBooks-related queries, you can contact our Fastfix247 tech support helpdesk executives to clear all doubts. They are available 24*7 on the QuickBooks help desk number to handle the issues.