Quickbooks is one of the widely used business oriented software that is mainly designed for managing the finance and accounting of an organization. QuickBooks uses a database to store the entire data of the company and at times people face issues like the database has stopped working but you don’t have to worry, count on Fastfix247 and you can easily get all the solutions to your queries.
I cant get a file to open. i get an error message..says it cant contact the database server
Troubleshooting for the QuickBooks Database Server Stopped Working Issue
The first and the most appropriate thing you need to do is restart your QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Make sure you restart the Database Server Manager on the system which is used to host the company file.
- When you install the full QuickBooks program then if you launch the QuickBooks it will automatically start the QuickBooks Database Server Manager automatically.
When the full QuickBooks program is installed on server or host follow the given steps:
Firstly you need to open QuickBooks program on the server.
- Then select the open and restore company option from the File menu.
- After that select the Open a company file option and click on the next button.
- Next you need to select your company file and then check the open the file multi-user mode in quickbooks checkbox and click on the open button.
- Now enter your username and password and login the company file.
- Further select the close company or log off option for closing your company file on the server.
When only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed:
- Go to the control panel and double click on the administrative tools option.
- Then Double-click on the services option.
- Next right-click on the suitable data manager.
- After that click on the restart button.
- If still you are not able to start your QuickBooks Database Server Manager then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly reboot your server.
- Then repair your QuickBooks program using the repair tool.
- After that reinstall the QuickBooks using a clean install.
Our QuickBooks application team knows the ins and outs of the product and understands the root cause of the problem. Call on 1-855-481-5335.