QuickBooks is a tool that is incorporated in each and every organization that deals with huge data storage and management. The software makes handling the data easier and making calculations or computations hassle-free. But there are times when the tool gets affected by some or the other technical issues. This is what restricts its action, thereby limiting user operations. One such error is the QuickBooks Download File not opening issue.
For more details and instructions, you can contact Fastfix247 technical team for guidance and assistance regarding the same. They are available 24*7 to serve their customers and clients.
Causes, Symptoms & Impact
The causes of the issue have been listed below:
- Downloaded file is corrupt
- The extension is not supported by the system
- The downloaded file may be utilizing a more upgraded version of the QuickBooks software
- You may be re-establishing the downloaded file onto your system
To make sure you are at a minimum risk of facing the downloaded file opening issue, you must ensure:
- Utilizing the right type of program to open a file
- It’s recommended not to download the file from a document sharing drive. If you have done so, download it again from some other source.
Using cloud hosting for QuickBooks
Being an owner of an organization, it becomes your responsibility to monitor the organization data entry and other activities performed on the company data file. To achieve this, you can opt for cloud hosting for QuickBooks services, which will enable you to enjoy 24/7-access to the file from anywhere through any device.
How to fix the error?
Solution 1: Download the file again and restore it from a local drive
- Download the file required
- Save it on a local location preferably Desktop
- Restore and install the file from there
Solution 2: Rename the file
- Create a copy of the file on the Desktop
- Right-click the copy
- Select Rename
- Rename the file with .QBM extension
- Try to open it
Solution 3: Change settings for ensuring compatibility
The problem may arise because of the incompatibility of the file. In that case:
- Start your PC and open Internet Explorer
- Press and hold Alt + T. This will open Tools menu
- Choose Security
- Clear Enable Protected Mode checkbox
- Add the website you’re downloading from as a Trusted sites
- Go to the Privacy tab
- Click Advanced button
- Tick the Override automatic cookie handling and Always allow session cookies checkboxes
- Go to the Privacy tab
- Check the Turn On Pop-up Blocker option
- Add the relevant URL, you’re downloading the file from
- Now uncheck the Turn On Pop-up Blocker option
- Browse to Tools in IE
- Go to Compatibility View Settings
- Add the URL
- Tick the Display All Websites in Compatibility View option
- Browse to Advanced tab of the Internet Options
- Uncheck the Enable Enhanced Protected Mode
- Close re-open IE
- On the Tools tab, select Internet Options
- Then click Security tab
- Choose Custom level
- Make sure you disable the Enable XSS Filter and Scripting of Java Applets
- Download the file again
- Try and open it
If the above-mentioned solution tips don’t work, contact Fastfix247 executives to get instructions to resolve the same.
For advanced QuickBooks-related queries, contact Fastfix247 team.
Few More Reads:
QuickBooks Keeps Freezing: How to Fix?