Users who update QuickBooks or Payrolls frequently run into the QuickBooks Error 15103. The most common causes of QuickBooks Error 15103 are a broken .NET Framework, corrupt update files, or improper permissions set for QuickBooks company files. You will receive thorough instructions on how to resolve QuickBooks error 15103 in this article.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
What is the QuickBooks Error Code 15103?
You commonly experience error 15103 QuickBooks Desktop when attempting to download updates for either QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll. However, this error may also appear while updating, installing, or uninstalling QuickBooks. When attempting to open QuickBooks in multi-user mode, multi-user error 15103 is displayed. When this error occurs, QuickBooks won’t let you open the company file. The most common causes of QuickBooks Error code 15103 are when your QuickBooks Desktop installation is affected or when QuickBooks cannot access the company file. Additionally, it displays an error message that reads, “The update program is damaged or the update program cannot be opened.”
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 15103 Occur?
The causes of error 15103 in QuickBooks Desktop include the following:
- QuickBooks is outdated.
- The time and date settings on your system are in error.
- QuickBooks is being blocked by a firewall or other security program.
- The setup of QuickBooks is flawed or lacking.
- The company file for QuickBooks is corrupted or damaged.
- The window’s registry has been damaged or destroyed.
What are the Solutions for Fixing the QuickBooks Error 15103?
Try these solutions if you encounter QuickBooks Error 15103. Before beginning, make sure QuickBooks is closed, and then implement these solutions one by another until you fix the error. The solutions are mentioned below:-
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub to launch Quick Fix my Program.
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub after downloading it.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program from the Program Problems tab after clicking there.
- Reopen QuickBooks and your company file once it’s finished.
- Get the update and install it.
Solution 2: Install a Certificate for Digital Signatures
- Find C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click QBW32.exe and choose Properties.
- Make sure Intuit is chosen in the signature list by going to the Digital Signature tab.
- Choose Details.
- Click View Certificate in the Digital Signature Details window.
- Select Install Certificate from the Certificate window.
- Then click on Next, then choose Finish.
- Switch off your computer.
- Redownload the update after opening QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Try Internet Explorer Settings
- Start by launching Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet options.
- Now select the security tab and then click Trusted Sites.
- Add the following website now.
- Visit *.intuit.com or *.quickbooks.com for the US version of QuickBooks.
- Please visit *.intuit.ca or *.quickbooks.ca for the Canadian version of QuickBooks.
- Click the Close button.
- Then click OK after choosing the Apply option.
- Check to see if the QuickBooks Desktop error 15103 has been fixed.
Solution 4: Setting up the Firewall and Defender Antivirus
The most common cause of Error 15103 in QuickBooks Desktop is a network connectivity issue that prevents the QuickBooks software from accessing the company file. You must make sure that QuickBooks can effectively communicate with the server to resolve this error. To achieve this, you must set up your firewall and antivirus software settings so that QuickBooks can communicate with the server without any hindrances.
To Set up Your Firewall and Antivirus Settings, Follow the Instructions Below:
- Open QuickBooks and select the ‘Edit’ option from the menu.
- Select “Integrated Applications” under “Preferences” after clicking.
- Click “Edit Successful” under the “Company Preferences” tab to make changes.
- Make sure the option to allow QuickBooks to communicate with QuickBooks over the internet is enabled by going to the ‘Network Options’ tab now.
- To save the changes, click OK.
- The settings for your antivirus defender must then be configured.
- To do this, open the settings or preferences menu of the antivirus program that is already installed on your computer.
- Then click “Configure QuickBooks Communication Ports for QuickBooks communication ports QuickBooks uses to communicate over a network or the Internet firewalls QuickBooks Database Server Manager QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool” under the “Firewall” or “Internet Security” options.
Now, you must make sure that your firewall or antivirus program has the following ports enabled:
- Port 80: Communications between QuickBooks Web Connector and QuickBooks Online take place over this port.
- Port 8883: Communications involving QuickBooks Payments take place over this port.
- Port 443: For communication between QuickBooks Online Accountant and QuickBooks Online Payroll.
To make the changes effective, you must restart your computer and the QuickBooks software after making sure these ports are enabled.
Solution 6: Updates should be Downloaded in Safe Mode:
- Open Safe Mode on your computer.
- Download the upgrade again.
- Restart your computer in Normal Mode if it worked. Redownload the update after that.
If QuickBooks is still not updating, a conflicting program on your computer may be the cause. You can try starting QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode to see if this is the case. This will disable all startup components and optional services that might be the problem. How to do it:
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows key and R on your keyboard.
- In the Open field, enter “msconfig” (without the quotes), then hit OK.
- The General tab in the System Configuration window.
- Uncheck the box next to Load Startup Items under Selective Startup, then click Apply and OK.
- Restart your computer when prompted to enter Selective Startup Mode.
- Try updating once more once you are in QuickBooks.
You can try running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool if QuickBooks is still not updating. This program will look for and resolve any problems with Windows or QuickBooks that might be the root of the error. You can run the QuickBooks Program by following these steps:
- From the Intuit website, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Double-clicking the file after saving it to your desktop will launch it.
- To install and run the tool, follow the instructions.
- Restart your computer after the tool has finished its work, then try updating QuickBooks once more.
Solution 6: Use the Reboot.bat file
- On each workstation, QuickBooks needs to be shut down.
- Double-click Reboot.bat on the server where QuickBooks is installed.
- Once the file has been executed, QuickBooks will restart automatically.
- You can manually restart QuickBooks by going to Start > Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Server Edition if it doesn’t start automatically.
- Try opening your company file once more after QuickBooks has been restarted to see if the error 15103 is still there.
If you are still facing the same QuickBooks Error 15103, that means that the company file is harmed. But the good news is that there are several simple solutions you can use to solve the issue and restore smooth operations to your company. If you are seeing this error message, make sure to try out the most popular solutions that we have listed above. Hopefully one of these solutions will assist you in resolving the problem and restoring your company file quickly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is located to check it in case of QuickBooks error 15103?
Activate QuickBooks. A company file saved in your QBTest folder should be opened. To ensure all transactions are present, use your account register. Select File, Utilities, and then Verify Data in the top left to examine the recovered file’s data integrity.
How can I retrieve data from the hard drive of QuickBooks to fix QuickBooks error 15103?
1. On your desktop, create a new folder called QBTest.
2. Open the directory containing the company file.
3. Look in the folder for your company file for the .tlg file.
4. The QBTest folder is located on your Desktop. Copy the corresponding .tlg file from your company file and paste it there.
5. The QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder should be opened. The .QBW.adr file should then be copied and pasted into the QBTest folder.
6. Right-click the .QBW.adr file in your QBTest folder and choose Rename.
7. The file’s ending .adr should be removed
8. Activate QuickBooks. Open the company file that was saved to your QBTest folder after that.
How do I unlock a file for QuickBooks while resolving QuickBooks error 15103?
Activate your QuickBooks Desktop. Select from your company file in the list in the No Company Open window. Select Open while maintaining ALT on your keyboard. Till the file opens, keep holding down ALT.