Issue: I am installing QuickBooks and it is frozen on the glad you’re here screen #2 add info. When I click on create company it doesn’t advance.
QuickBooks Freezes After Installation
QuickBooks is one of the very efficient accounting software that is designed while keeping the business requirements in mind. It is used to manage all the payroll related information and is equipped with all the facilities like managing and paying the bills, Credit Card Processing, Intuit Payment Network, Payroll related functioning, Live support, Online backup etc. With our Fastfix247 QuickBooks tech support team, you can get the solution of all the issues related to QuickBooks.
QuickBooks freezes after installation error is mainly caused due to the following reasons:
- If the company name you are using is lengthy.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is either missing or is damaged.
- The operating system you are using is not updated or is corrupted.
- The program files or the QuickBooks desktop installation is not done properly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Freezes After Installation Error
There are mainly five steps that are generally used for solving this issue. If there is a minor issue, you need to follow only one step but if the problem is not being solved after performing the step first and second, then you need to follow all the five steps provided below:
Step 1: Make use of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save it.
- Make sure that all the programs are closed on your system and then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After that restart the system and make sure the components are updated properly.
Step 2: You have to Reboot your system and disable your antivirus program temporarily
- Firstly reboot your system.
- Then you need to open the QuickBooks software you are using and ensure that you disable your antivirus program temporarily.
Step 3: You need to rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Firstly rename the QBWUSER.ini file by manually opening the company’s file.
- Then enable the hidden files and folder and go to the folder location where you have saved the ini file.
- Next right click on the file and rename it and at the end of the file name add .old.
Step 4: After performing all the above steps reinstall your quickbooks using Clean Install
Step 5: If still the issue persists create a new windows admin user and create your user account.
Client Query: My Payroll freeze ups with QuickBooks Desktop 2018 after the file is logged into. It is very annoying. How to troubleshoot it?
Experts Answer: If you need to unfreeze your payroll, you need to follow the steps given above, remember, the process will take approx.20 -30 minutes to finish. Once all steps are completed you need to reboot the computer.
Read This: Get Support for QuickBooks Payroll Now!
For more information or any query related to QuickBooks or related products and applications, feel free to contact our QuickBooks desktop support helpdesk. Call on .