Are you facing Network Error in your QuickBooks? Mentioned below can be one of the reasons. Read the article to find every bit of detail.
Network Error, itself, contains so many errors. Out of all the errors, Error Code 6000, -83 is one of the errors. The error usually takes place when you try to restore and take a backup of the company file
The error occurs when QuickBooks tries to open the company file. If the error still remains there, you need to get in touch with the technical support team via our LIVE CHAT option.
The error usually takes place when the user doesn’t have sufficient permission to access a particular folder. For multi-user access to QuickBooks, it is important for you to have write/read access with delete/create rights.
Here are the solution steps that you need to follow to get the Network Error fixed:
Method #1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the issue:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor from Internet
- To install it, double-click on it and then follow all on-screen instructions
- Once the installation finishes, run File Doctor and get the issue sorted.
Method #2: Turn the hosting off on all the systems. This won’t let the file accessed over the network
For accessing QuickBooks Desktop on more than one system, only the one (dedicated system) should be configured for hosting the company file. To turn the hosting off, follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop → Go to File → close the Utilities.
- A list will appear if you see:
- Multi-User Access Hosting → The system doesn’t host a company file. Now, move to the next system.
- To Stop Multi-User Access Hosting → First, select the same option and then
- Select Yes to the stop hosting multi-user access
- You must have a closed company file window, select Yes and then continue to the next system.
Method #3: Fix the Error Code 6000, -83 manually:
These manual steps are similar to the automatic steps that QuickBooks File Doctor follows automatically. So, before either using QuickBooks File Doctor or following the Manual Step, make sure that you working on the latest available version.
QuickBooks Desktop Configuration to Anti-virus, Firewall or Security Software:
Intuit doesn’t provide support to a specific firewall operation or application due to the presence of multiple firewall applications. For such support, you need to get in touch with us. Connect with us via our LIVE CHAT
You may also face issue while downloading information if you are facing Network Issue
Check permissions to access the company file
- Check the folder permission setup to verify the permission correctly.
- Refer Windows Access Permission to set up permission and share the company file.
For further assistance, get in touch with us via our LIVE CHAT. You can also connect with us via Live Chat Support