User Query: I am getting an error 15215 when download a payroll. I am using QuickBooks Pro 2013 edition.
Answer: You might have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
While downloading & upgrading the QuickBooks Pro 2013, you might receive an error message Error code 15215 with a message ‘Unable to verify digital signature’. Error code 15215 is caused generally by a clash with software running in the computer background when trying to update the QuickBooks Pro 2013. This software can be applications that demand wide bandwidth by avoiding QuickBooks Pro from making an association to the server. It is also caused by a firewall setting which might be blocking the QuickBooks software.
Restart the Computer
Restarting the system can force software that is hampering QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2013 to reset or close its settings to allay a blocked connection. If after restarting your system still unable to fix the issue or continue to receive error 15215 on a frequent basis, then double-check what applications are running on the system that could actually cause the conflict.
Run QuickBooks Pro 2013 as Window’s Administrator
Running QuickBooks Pro as windows administrator allows taking priority over most of the other software in Windows. This window allows QuickBooks Pro 2013 to use any resources needed in order to properly work.
- Ensure that you have closed the QuickBooks Pro 2013
- Right click on the QuickBooks Pro icon
- Click “Run as administrator”
- If driven with the message “Do you desire to allow this software to make modifications to your system?”, Click “Yes”
Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked
- Close QuickBooks software
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click Tools and select Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab
- Scroll under Settings to locate the Use TLS 1.2, Use TLS 1.0, and Use TLS 1.1 options.
- Confirm Use of TLS 1.0
- Verify Use TLS 1.2 and Use TLS 1.1 is not checked.
- Click OK to shut down the window.
- Close Internet Explorer
- Reboot your system
- Try to download the QuickBooks Pro 2013 update again
Reboot the Windows in a “Selective Startup”
- Close QuickBooks Pro 2013
- On your system, click to Run
Check the list below for your Windows version:
- Windows XP: Go to Start > Click Run
- Windows Vista and 7: Go to Start > Click All Programs >Select Accessories > Click Run
- Windows 8 and 10: Press Windows key +R on your keyboard
- Enter msconfig, in the Run field and then Click OK.
- System Configuration Utility appears
- Choose Selective Startup and eradicate the Load Startup checkbox Items
- Click OK to save the modification
- Restart your system as driven
- After the system has restarted, restart the QuickBooks software and download the recent tax table.
- If unable to download the update successfully, perform steps 1 to 4 again to go back to the computer Configuration Utility.
- Choose the Normal Startup checkbox and then click OK
- Restart the system again
Avail advance support!
If the steps above do not fix the error, configure your Internet security, parental control or firewall settings. However, if the error is still not fixed then straight away connect with the QuickBooks experts actively available for 24×7.
To connect with the experts, directly chat with the QuickBooks tech via live chat support.