User Query: It may be wired but I need to re-install QuickBooks older versions like: QuickBooks 2013, QuickBooks 2014, QuickBooks 2015, QuickBooks 2016, QuickBooks 2017, 2018, QB 2019, QuickBooks 2020 & 2021.
Reinstall QuickBooks on a New Computer is the most popular accounting software, especially for small business. Whether the user runs it on a new computer of them wants to reformat their older model, it could be possible that QuickBooks CD is missing at the time re-installation of the software, know how to reinstall QuickBooks without Using CD when you need to transfer.
Now the CD is not much required for the reinstall the QuickBooks (Backup QuickBooks Desktop to Flash Drive), the user can download QB application from its official website. The user can download it and follow the instruction. If they require any further assistance, they can contact us on our fastfix247 helpline.
Read More: Process – How to Transfer QuickBooks to Another Computer?
|Objective||Re-installation of QuickBooks on a Second Computer|
|Result||Re-Install QuickBooks Desktop to Different Computer|
|Version||US & Canada|
|Windows System||64 bit|
|Duration||Minimum 20 Minutes|
How to Reinstall or Uninstall QuickBooks?
There could be any reason, when the user is required to uninstall or Reinstalling QuickBooks on a new computer.
- The user may not able to open QuickBooks on their system
- Sometime the QB application could not load parts of its individual program any longer, due to crashes.
- Malware or virus corrupted the QB installation on their PC.
- It may be hard drive replaced with the latest hard drive or it has been crashed.
- The user replaces their old PC with a new computer.
- Before Reinstall or Uninstall QuickBooks need to create Backup
- The user needs to create a backup for their company data first. If the user is not able to run QuickBooks to create a backup, then they need to make a copy of their company data file.
Uninstall the QuickBooks to Reinstall on New Computer
- If QB is already installed on their hard drive, they need to uninstall the existing QuickBooks installation before they install it again.
- If the user does not get uninstall option on their PC, they can perform the task through the window user.
For Window 7 QuickBooks Uninstallation steps:
- Go into their Windows 7 QuickBooks Panel. Tick on Features and Program.
- Here they will see a list of every program installed on their PC. On the bottom, they will see their QuickBooks program and double tick on it.
- Choose the finish and remove
- Removed or uninstalled the QuickBooks software from their system
Steps: Re install QuickBooks on New Computer
- Look for the original install CD, or if they download their QuickBooks programs,
- If their QuickBooks software is on a CD, they can insert in their CD drive and follow the guidelines to install QuickBooks software.
- If the user downloads their QuickBooks program, the double tick on their downloaded software and install the program on the PC and follow the instructions.
- If the user does not understand how to download it on their PC, they can find their system for the setup process of downloading. Press the Window button on their keyboard. Now set the software and follow the prompt, which will display on their PC.
- If the user doesn’t have installation CD, or they cannot search their download file, they can contact on QuickBooks Tech support for the help.
- At the time of installation process, the user will be prompted for their license number and product code for the complete installation. The user should have received the codes with their CD packaging of if they download the QB software.
- After completing the QB installation, the user needs to register on it.
Read This: Troubleshoot Multi User QuickBooks Installation Problem of MAC Version
Move or reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Migrator Tool
Note: Our Migrator Tool helps you transfer things into another tab or window.
If you are on a US version of QuickBooks Desktop 2018 or newer and want to move it to another computer, you can use the Migrator Tool to do so.
How does the Migrator Tool work?
- Make a complex password for your new computer. Write it down so that you won’t forget it. Make the password difficult-to-guess and only use it once.
- It copies data that was open on your computer to a USB flash drive.
- You can move the files using the USB flash drive, but you need the Migrator Tool to do this correctly.
- The tool will download the correct version of QuickBooks Desktop so that you can use it with your files.
- The tool will not reformat your drive, or erase any of your other files.
Some files from a 64-bit computer may not migrate to a 32-bit Windows system. Migrate QuickBooks Desktop files only to a new system if you need to do so.
Getting your QuickBooks file ready for the Migrator Tool
- Set up your new computer so that it’s connected to the internet.
- A USB flash drive that you can use to complete your accounting files. The Migrator Tool will tell you how much free space you need in order to use the software most efficiently.
How to setup and use the Migrator Tool
Step 1: On the old computer
- In the File menu, select Utilities and then select Move QuickBooks to another computer.
- Create a one-time password.
- Follow the instructions to choose a USB flash drive. Then wait for the files to be copied.
Step 2: On the new computer
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer. Windows security restrictions mean that the Migrator Tool starts and runs automatically.
- Open the drive and view its files. Double-click the file Move_QuickBooks.bat to start the security migration tool.
- Select Let’s go when you’ve entered your password.
- Wait for the Migrator Tool to finish. Note: This will depend on the speed of your computer and internet, and the size of your company file(s).
Our migrator tool automatically removes QuickBooks data files from a USB drive. Data files are still on your old computer. It is unwise not to change the name of the file on the old computer for easy identification.
The Common Issue During Reinstalling QuickBooks MAC on new Computer:
The user often gets difficulties during they require to reinstall QuickBooks MAC software. Here we describe few of the most shared circumstances:
- The user can find their installation CD.
- They cannot find their installation codes:
- They don’t recall their earlier registration information
- The want to reinstall their old version of QuickBooks MAC on a new PC that is not compatible
Hopefully, this article will be very useful for the user. If the user is looking for support, they can immediately contact us on our QuickBooks team or Chat with Us.
Few Good Reads:
What to do QBCFMonitorService keeps stopping multi-user mode not working?
Install QuickBooks on new computer without disk.