Did you get an issue on your QuickBooks after Windows 10 update and unable to open QuickBooks Desktop? Or maybe you didn’t get an error, but the QuickBooks stopped working or frozen. Don’t worry we can solve it.
Conducting a business has become quite easy with QuickBooks. No hassle in making calculations, no trouble with preparing invoices, no doubt on the accuracy of data, and many more advantages. Isn’t it?
Everything that gives us benefit has some limitations. The case is no different with QuickBooks. Even the software doesn’t work well if not used on compatible platforms. One of the technical issues that restrict users from continuing working on it is QuickBooks stopped working or not responding.
Question: I’m using windows 10, yesterday it automatically started with updates, I have QuickBooks 2018 and after the update of windows 10, my QuickBooks crashed and returns to my desktop. Please solve my issue.
Answer: It hardly happened with QuickBooks 2018 and works fine with MS windows 10. But if you accept my suggestion, you need to purchase & install a latest QuickBooks version 2019 and upgrade your company files.
When you get the error and you don’t know how to proceed, consulting Fastfix247 people would surely be of great help.
Causes, Symptoms & Impact When QuickBooks Stopped Working
The cause of the issue can be any of the following:
- A latest Windows 10 update
- Incompatibility of the program
- Company Operations screen loop issues. This is caused as Windows 10 latest update stops the Intuit Entitlement Service from functioning.
Whatever may be the reason, the repercussion is the same i.e. the working on the software is intervened. It, however, annoys managers and owners as they may need the data immediately in some cases.
How to fix when QuickBooks Stopped Working or not Opening?
Option 1: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
Here are the steps to open files manually.
- Find the folder – QBWUSER.ini.
- Location: \Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [XXXX]
- Tap on “Rename” after right-clicking the QBWUSER.ini.
- Add .old at the end of the company file name.
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Tap a file if the application opens after renaming either EntitlementDataStore.ecml or QBWUSER.ini.
Important Note: Changing name in the QBWUSER.INI file erases the all data stored in your list of past opened company files so you will require to re-open your files to be populated in the currently opened files list
Option 2: Check compatibility
- Right-click the shortcut to the program
- Choose Properties
- Click Compatibility tab
- From there choose either Windows 7/8/8.1
- Select Apply
- Click OK
- Launch the program
Option 3: Choose suitable Intuit Entitlement Service version
- Close QBPOS program
- Press Windows + R
- Run dialog box opens
- Type msc
- Press Enter
- Choose Intuit Entitlement Service v8 for the required version
- Right-click the version
- Choose Properties
- Go to Startup type drop-down list
- Choose Automatic (Delayed Start)
- Click Start button to begin the service if it’s not yet started
- Click OK and close the properties window
- Now close the Services window
- Reopen POS program
Option 4: Enable sharing
- Go to Start menu and search for sharing. This will enable Windows 10 Sharing access
- Now select Manage advanced sharing settings
- Check the All Networks option
- Click the downward arrow towards the right of it
- The settings expand
- Choose the Turn-off password protected sharing toggle button
- Click Save to save the changes
- Open the software and establish a connection with the company file
- If it still doesn’t open, you should:
- Check the configuration or multiple configurations of QuickBooks hosting the database server (Stops Working when Accessing the Server Remotely)
- Check the firewall port settings
- Make sure the File Sharing configuration on the server is properly done
Option 5: Use QBInstall tool
When all other solutions seem to fail, you should consider some inbuilt tools to resolve the issue. Hence, use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Download the QBInstall tool
- You get instant prompt
- Save the file to Desktop
- Close the programs that are open the in the background
- Now run the program
- The process will take around 20-25 minutes to complete. Make sure your Internet connection is stable and your computer functions properly
- After the process is complete, restart the system
- Verify if the updates have been installed and the error has been resolved
Read This: QuickBooks Download File Not Opening
If you face any difficulty in following the above-mentioned steps, you can unhesitatingly call Fastfix247 experts to be guided in whatever step you get stuck in.
Well, the Fastfix247 professionals not only make you resolve the errors but also make sure to handle all the conceptual queries that you may face. Feel free to call on QuickBooks help desk support number 855.481.5335 and briefly explain the technical issue to experts sitting on the other side. You can contact them at any hour of the day.