Question: The installation is stuck on installing ABS PDF drive, what should I do?
During installing QuickBooks Desktop, the installer freezes, my QuickBooks stops responding, & shows pop up “Installing ABS PDF Driver…” screen.
In this article, you will find the best possible ways to fix your QuickBooks problem, and in case, you get confused anywhere you always have the option to call our QuickBooks helpline, or have a Chat. Our Fastfix247 QuickBooks tech team will discuss the problem in detail, and will offer the best possible solution in no time.
Read This: How to fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215 & Server Not Responding?
When Does This Error Happen?
At the time of installing the QuickBooks Desktop edition, there are chances that the installer will freeze and will stop responding. Basically, it may get stuck on the “Installing ABS PDF Driver…” window. You would want to desperately get rid of it to start your QuickBooks operations.
Read This: Resolving PDF Problems in QuickBooks
What are the Causes of This QuickBooks Freezing Issue?
QB installing ABS Pdf driver issue might be linked to the internet as well. As, most of the times, this error occurs only when the internet connectivity is either slow or not. Apart from this, this error can be an outcome of any sort of issue with the device. As, QuickBooks Desktop accesses the ABS PDF to print all the transactions, therefore, it becomes utmost significant for this particular component to be installed properly.
Instructions to Fix Error Stuck on “Installing the ABS PDF driver…” While Installing QuickBooks Desktop
You can fix the QuickBooks freeze error of installing ABD PDF driver message and other errors in your software by following any of the below measures.
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks tool hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and find the software you want by pressing CTRL+J
- Click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe item to re-open the file
- Click Allow to allow this app to make changes
- Now click on Next to install the product and then click Yes to accept the license agreement.
- Click Next and then it should install automatically.
- After the installation is completed, click Finish
- Click the icon to open QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 2: Running Quick fix My Program From the QuickBooks Tool hub
- With this program, you can choose problems from a selection of tasks in tool hub downloadede earlier.
- Choose Quick fix my program.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Here, you would have to type in %TEMP%, and after typing it click Enter.
- Now, choose the Temp folder.
- Find out either the Prx_usXXrX or the Enterprise_usXXrX folder.
- The X’s on the particular folder are the editions, year, and release of the QuickBooks accounting solution. For instance, QuickBooks Premium 2017 R4 will show Premium_us27r4.
- Now, click on the Third Party folder, and afterwards click on the option that reads as ABS.
- Double-click on the ABSPDF412 setup.exe, Setup in order to run the file.
- After the proper installation is done, open the QuickBooks Desktop solution, and then register the license.
- In case the ABS PDF installer still crashes or stops responding, then you would have to consult our QuickBooks tech specialist to thoroughly check your system.
Following the steps that we have mentioned, can help fix your stuck PDF driver error and install Quickbooks Desktop. Our Fastfix247 technical team of experts is brimmed with immense knowledge to help at any level of your QuickBooks operations. No matter, whether you are facing this particular QuickBooks issue or any other, you are free to dial, and our team would be glad to assist you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download the ABS PDF driver for QuickBooks?
If you were having trouble with your QuickBooks Desktop software, the ABS website can be helpful. Contact us if these troubleshooting steps don’t help.
How do I install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool?
QuickBooks provides information on how to solve installation issues. The diagnostic tool can be run in order to help fix the problem.