Things you know before you Upgrade QuickBooks:
- Click on QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on File Menu and then click on Open/Restore Company.
- Now, click on Open Company File and then click on Next.
- Open the Data File.
Point to be noted: If the Window “Move Company File” opens up, follow the instruction mentioned below.
- An information window will open, Click on OK and click on Upgrade. Now, check the box and then click on Upgrade Now.
Note: It is suggested that you take back up of the company file before you upgrade it. You can also select the same location where you save other company files.
- Now, for the first time, when trying to open the company file with the upgraded version, a message will appear: Do you want to continue? Click on Yes.
Now, once the upgrade process complete:
- Use a safe location or path to save the file in your drive. This is just a precautionary step. In case you need the backup again, you can directly use it from here.
- If you have copied a file from another system, make a copy of the file in your current system also.
If you are unable to locate Data file in its original location, search with .QBW in your hard drive and then check even the hidden files/folders.
To know more, connect with us via Live Chat Support or call us on +.