User Query: My QuickBooks will not open. Says its open in the taskbar, but nothing I do will fully open it. When I hover over it there is a black QuickBooks box.
QuickBooks won’t open company file is usually related to error 6000- series or to a network error. There are many possible causes for this error, and in this article, we will explore each and everyone of them and provide possible solutions.
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is a free program offered by Intuit to fix issues related to issue like QuickBooks unable to open company file on network connection. The program can troubleshoot and fix errors on its own or provide necessary steps that’ll be required to fix the issue. QuickBooks File doctor is effective against error codes like:
● -6000 -82
● -6000 -305
The 6000- series errors are related to the company file; whereas the H- series errors are related to network connection.
Note: Before we begin, make sure that you create a backup copy of your company file.
Follow the steps provided below to fix the issue:
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Install the software and run it
- Go to Company File Issues Tab
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Select Browse and Search
- Find the company file and open it.
- Mark the option against Check your file
- Click on Continue
- Enter the admin password for the QuickBooks company file
- Click on Next
Note: If you can’t find the option for QuickBooks File Doctor in the tool hub, then you can search for it through the start menu. The tool is available independently of the tool hub.
It can often take a lot of time for the scanning and fixing process to complete. The time will be directly proportional to the size of your company file, taking longer if the company file is large.
User Query: My QuickBooks desktop fail to run & unable to open company file, what to do now?
Answer: You need to update your QuickBooks to the latest version & also check which version of Windows you are running. Make it updated to the latest.
User Query: I am using hosted version of QuickBooks 2020 & today when started it says – We’re sorry. QuickBooks won’t open your company file. How do I fix it?
Answer: I believe you have the latest version of QuickBooks 2021, if not update it now. Once done, close all QuickBooks components that are currently running on your Task Manager.
What you’ll need to follow is:
- Go to your Task Manager and select all apps that begin with the letter .qb, QuickBooks, or Intuit.
- The bottom of the page. End the task by clicking the Finish button.
- Close the Task Manager application.
After that, you’ll need to suppress the Desktop when you reopen QuickBooks and open a company file. This troubleshooting tool can help us figure out whether the problem is caused by a user, data, application, or system.
To suppress the Desktop while starting QuickBooks:
- Press & hold the Ctrl button.
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Hold down the Ctrl key until the no Company Open window appears.
To suppress the Desktop when opening a Company File, do the following:
- Choose the desired company file from the No Company Open window
- Keep the Alt key pressed and held.
- Select the Open option.
- Keep pressing the Alt key until the login window pops up.
- Let go of the Alt key.
- Enter your e-mail address and password.
- Keep the Alt key pressed and held.
- Hold down the Alt key when clicking OK to open your file altogether. A blank desktop will appear in QuickBooks.
Check out the QuickBooks Desktop won’t start or open link for more troubleshooting tips.
It’s possible that if you choose your QuickBooks Desktop icon many times, it won’t open. Allow enough time for QuickBooks to load before proceeding.
You can refer to this article if the system fails to react or you receive an error message stating that QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding.
Here are the steps, when QuickBooks stops working It includes directions for resolving the problem when opening the company file.
User Query: How do I fix QuickBooks wont open company file in multi user mode?
Answer: If you’re facing error when opening your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) company file.
To begin, if you’re using QuickBooks Desktop in a multi-user environment, please keep the following in mind:
- A network disc does not contain your data file.
- You aren’t making use of a file-sharing service.
- You don’t have any encryption software installed on your computer.
Please follow the procedures below to correct this:
- Turn off & then open all computers that have access to your company’s files.
- Restart the server if your data is stored on it.
- Reopen your QuickBooks company file once you’ve finished.
To fix any issues related to the network, you can change the firewall settings and create new rules to exclude QuickBooks. To know more or to get this error fixed, you can get in touch with our experts at LIVE CHAT.