Are you facing issue while Re-installing QuickBooks?
This article will help you understand how to completely uninstall QuickBooks from your Windows and get the issue fixed. You can either go for clean uninstallation with the help of Clean Install tool. Uninstallation without the tools may leave the traces within your system and won’t even let QuickBooks open or function perfectly. With the help of this tool, you can perfectly remove all the QuickBooks Desktop files and makes your system ready for fine and error-free installation.
Don’t worry! It won’t let any of your company or data file get corrupted or destroyed since any of the files isn’t involved in the process that it caters.
Make sure that this clean install is right for you
If you haven’t done this, follow the basic reinstallation procedure of QuickBooks Desktop. It is good to start with a simple re-installation procedure. If the issue doesn’t get fixed, follow the steps we are mentioning below. Remember that it won’t let your company data or files get corrupted or damaged in any case.
Read More: QuickBooks Database Server Stopped Working
Step #1: Collect all vital information and take back-up of the data:
- Download a new QuickBooks installation file. This way, if any latest version available, you will get it.
- Keep the license number handy with you. If you purchased it online, it must have been on your email address or if you have purchased it from the shop, it must be on the original packaging.
- Don’t forget to take a copy of the product year and version.
- Now, take the back-up of the company file. This will help you save all your data and work.
Step #2: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to your Start Menu, click on the Control Panel to open it.
- Now, click on Program & Features. Find QuickBooks Desktop and then click on Uninstall.
- Now, it will show you on-screen instruction. Follow them. If you don’t get this option, use admin credentials to log-in to your system. (With Admin Rights)
Step #3: Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
It automatically takes and renames from old installation files to new. Follow the steps to use Clean Install Tool:
- Click on the button and QuickBooks Clean Install Tool download will start. If the Window asks you to save the file to a specific location. Save it from where you can find it easily.
- Now, open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file.
- Click on the system to make changes as per your Clean Install Tool.
- Click on I Accept the License Agreement
- Click on the QuickBooks and the Product Version and then click on Continue.
- Click on OK and then see the message “Please Install your QuickBooks Copy to its default location.”
Read More: Unable to load QuickBooks License