User Query: I am trying to reset QuickBooks admin password and it will not accept my license number. says to contact QuickBooks support. Can you help?…QuickBooks Pro 2018.
From the safety point of view, the users of QuickBooks accounting software are supposed to enter a passcode every time they try to gain access to their company account. When you download and install your QB software application by default an Admin user Id is generated and later you can add on other users with independent login IDs.
If you are looking for speedy fix, contact our FastFix247 QuickBooks tech support team.
Through this article, we shall be explaining how you can reset your password for the QuickBooks Admin provided you have lost or forgotten the same due unpredicted situations.
Before we decide to make headway to reset password for QuickBooks Admin, let’s have a quick glance at some of the important aspects in regards to password and other related reminders that you have to bear in mind:
- Make use of complete passcode: You have to make use of the minimum 7 characters and it could be a mix of letters, numbers or special characters; minimum 1 numberand at least 1 letter that has to be in uppercase.
- Passcodes are usually case-sensitive– Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that most of the passcodes are usually case-sensitive hence you have to double check the Caps and Num-lock keys. There are chances either one of them or maybe both of them are turned on while creation of the passcode.
- No space- You can’t add space while creating a passcode
- The sign in window that prompts for passcode but doesn’t prompt for the user name when it is Admin’s sign in window. In case, you have sign in credentials of a non-admin window then you have to first exit from the QuickBooks accounting software application and once more open it again.
How can you reset password for QuickBooks admin in different scenarios?
Here are some of the different scenarios that we have mentioned below along with the steps to reset your QuickBooks admin password:
Scenario 1: When you already have the password, but wish to change the same
To change the password, you have to follow the given steps:
- Navigate to the Company menu bar, choose the Set up Users and Password option from the drop down list
- After this, you have to select the Change Your Password option that you will find in the drop down list again
- Now, you will be prompted by a window to provide your Current Password
- Once you have entered your correct current password, you will be now prompted to Set up a new password and provide a new security question.
- Lastly, you have to hit the Ok button to apply the desired changes
If you are experiencing any sort of challenge in performing above mentioned steps, please consult our QuickBooks enterprise technical support experts.
Scenario 2: When you have either forgotten or misplaced your password
In case, you have misplaced or forgotten your password, then you have to reset the same by giving correct answer of the security question that you set when you created the sign in credentials.To reset your password, you have to follow the given steps in the sequence as mentioned below:
- Open QB softwaresign in window, there you will see in the bottom Forgot my password option click on the same.
- Now, you will be taken to the security question screen where you need to enter the correct answer and hit the OK tab.
- Hit on the Close tab when you see the notification: Your password and security question is deleted, and now your business file is not protected by a passcode. After you exit from the screen, you will be prompted to create new password and security question.
- Provide a new password and security question then click on OK.
Scenario 3: When you wish to reset Admin password by using the reset code
To retune the Admin password with use of reset code, you have to perform the given steps:
Basically, there are 2 different ways that you can opt from to reset your Admin password:
- Reset passcode in QB software:
- Open the login window and select Forgot password option
- Provide the information as you are being asked
- Reset the passcode using the automatic passcode reset tool.
- Firstly, you have to download this tool and send the reset code to desired email id or mobile number.
Still juggling to reset password for QuickBooks Admin? Please express your concerns to our FastFix247 QuickBooks support team by dialing our above contact number.