Hi I just got QuickBooks Pro-2019, I had Pro-2013, I installed 2019 and now I am trying to open my company files. When I click on the QuickBooks icon it doesn’t have any of my 3 company files there. Can you help me retrieve them/restore them into pro-2019. Is this maybe easier to do if I call ??Thanks for helping me….
QuickBooks Query – User just got new QuickBooks Pro software installed and upgraded from his previous 2013 version to the new 2016 version. However, after installing the QuickBooks Pro 2019 version the company files are not getting opened. When the user clicks on the icon of QuickBooks it does not open any of the three company files user has saved and backup.
How to restore the backup company file to current new version of QuickBooks Pro from the older version?
In order to restore the backup copy saved from earlier version of QuickBooks Pro 2013 to QuickBooks 2019 version, proper instructions are provided below is steps. However before proceeding further user should be aware that once the backup copy has been restored to current version, it cannot be accessed through the earlier QuickBooks Pro version software. One way is to have a backup copy before conversion of the software and to open QuickBooks with the older copy of company file backup. In this case the user will have to manually re-enter required data of all the transactions that have happened later on.
The road to restore Company File of older version to current version is illustrated below:
- Open QuickBooks Pro 2019 and from File menu tab select Open or Restore Company.
- Highlight and click on option Open or Restore a Backup Copy followed by Next.
- Now select option labeled Local Backup and then again on Next tab.
- A drop down menu under Look In option will come into effect from where the user has to choose the appropriate place of file location.
- Click on the backup file of your choice that should be labeled in the given format – [Company Name].qbb.
- Now the user should select Open option and then follow it with Next tab.
- Under drop down menu of Save in option select the place where the file has to be restored.
- As per the fields gives, provide appropriate information like New File Name against File Name box.
- In the end click on Save and reply to pop-up messages as per your knowledge and restart the system.
This should easily restore the backup file; however, if the issue still persists you can connect with us at our toll free number and live chat option on our website – fastfix247.com.