Query: I can not open sage 50. It says there is a problem activating The activation key is invalid or could not be read.Your activation was under the CPA office J.H. and W.
Sage accounting software has played a major role in changing the accounting management of small and medium scale organizations. You can customize the reports as per your need and specifications. Though Sage accounting software ensures lots of ease to your business, but you may face some issues while working on it. One such issue is, “There was a problem activating Sage 50” When Opening. We will be discussing the causes and remedies to resolve the same.
To implement the solutions suggested by us, make sure you have advanced and complete knowledge of the operating system of your computer. In case you need some assistance you can call our Sage tech support helpdesk. Keep in mind that incorrect modifying or the Windows Registry can affect the operation of your system severely. Ensure that you have taken the backup of all the data before starting the advanced solutions.
Causes of the Error
- Error occur due to the bad or damaged data path files
- Activation blocked by firewall or anti-virus software
- Pervasive Database Manager installed badly
- Date of the windows system is incorrect
- Damaged or hidden Options.dat
- Pervasive Database Manager is damaged
Important Points to Remember: Solutions suggested by us should be implemented on the system where Sage 50 company data of yours is stored.
Solution 1: Blocking activation of Anti-virus and Firewall
Get the Anti-virus and Firewall disabled
Solution 2: Clientinfo.xml file
- Ensure that Sage 50 is closed on all your computers
- Get your data path browsed
- Then ensure that clientinfo.xml file is moved or renamed to the the place that is located outside the data path
- Then get the Sage 50 opened again and check whether the program is activated or not
Solution 3: Path of the Data files
- First of all get the Sage 50 closed on all the computers
- Go browsing the path of your data
- Make sure the files mentioned below are moved or renamed outside the data path in a new folder:
- *.PTL (all the files that have PTL extension)
- *.LCK (files having the LCK extension)
If the files mentioned above are not all visible then it is a possibility that they are hidden.
- Then get the Sage 50 open again to check that whether you are able to see the active manually option or not
- Then select the option of manual activation and go with the instructions present in wizard
- If you can’t activate manually or online then move towards the solution 4
Solution 4: First uninstall and then reinstall the Pervasive
Try following the un-installation and then installation of pervasive
Solution 5: Check and ensure that the date of Windows system is set correctly or not
The issue could be resolved easily by correcting the date of Windows system
You can always consult our Fastfix247 Sage tech support team on phone number. Sage product help team is always ready to provide you the best solutions.