Sage is known to be the software that is capable of answering all your business needs related to accounting. Be it data management, storing of data, making payrolls etc, with Sage accounting software, you can easily do all this in one go. Using Sage is very easy; all you have to do is keep on following the instructions flashing on the screen. When it comes to the Windows Update Error 0x80070002, Fastfix247 can help you to resolve the same in an efficient manner.
” I’m getting this error when trying to install Sage:Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.11.9600.17126″
Causes and Symptoms of the Error
Error 0x80070002 is the error which occurs during the Windows update. You may encounter error 0x80070002 while working on the Windows PC to get the system updates installed. Time and date issue, registry problem, file corruption issue lead to the error in Windows update, which is not actually very hard to fix. Error occurs due to the failure of system update, due to which the problem of data mismatch gets started. By deleting the corrupt files, you can easily get rid of the error.
Let’s discuss few of the possible solutions that could resolve the Error 0x80070002.
Solution One: Getting the time and date settings checked
Though not a typical one, but this solution works and could easily help to resolve your problem. Incorrect date and time will surely effect the Windows update in negative manner. So before you move towards the other step, try implicating this easy step.
- Tap on Date and Time present on the screen at lower right corner, after that tap on Change date and time settings
- Date and Time window will appear after that tap on the button saying Change date and time
- Make the changes in Date and Time Settings and once you are done with it, click on the OK in order to get the changes saved
Try restarting your computer now and get the system updates installed. In case the error still persists then move towards the next solution.
Solution Two: Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter
By downloading the Microsoft Fix It Tool you can get this issue resolved. This tool is capable of fixing and automatically diagnosing the common Windows Update problems.
Solution Three: Get the Windows update file removed
If the error 0x80070002 is received due to the failed process of system updates, then it means few of the files are corrupted. Make sure that these files are deleted and then try updating the Windows again. Follow the steps given below to solve the error manually.
Steps: Make sure that Windows Update Service is stopped
- Tap on the Start button, after that click on Control Panel. After that go to the search box, type Administrative Tools and hit the Enter button
- Now on the window that popped up find Service and double click on it. If you are prompted to type the confirmation or administrator password then give your confirmation by typing the password
- In order to sort out the items alphabetically click on Name tab. This will help you in finding the Windows update conveniently.
To get the details of the steps mentioned above, you can get in touch with our Sage tech support team. Our Sage help team will provide you the complete stepwise information on the further solutions, to resolve this error.
Sage product help team is ready to help you 24*7 on the toll free number 1-855-481-5335.