Question: QuickBooks point of sale desktop 12.0 my PC OS that is Running as a Server Crashed but I can access the drive info but I can’t find my company file.
Introduction: If this error occurs in your QuickBooks Accounting Software, you first need to make sure that the error is in the QuickBooks Company file rather than any of the Program file of the Software.
You also need to assure that you are using the latest available version of the QuickBooks. If it is not the latest available version, the error might remain in your system.
- Long press Ctrl Key and then double-click on the QuickBooks Icon.
Note: Don’t release the Control Key once no company opens in QuickBooks.
Read This: QuickBooks Crash Catcher to Start Up
If QuickBooks Accounting Software fails to open even after following the above step, the issue has not been resolved. Follow the steps mentioned below:
You need to check that only single computer hosts the company file. You need to turn the hosting off on all the servers. Now, follow the steps:
- Open QuickBooks File Menu and then click on Utilities.
- Here you need to restrict multi-user hosting/access.
Quick Tip: If you find any option other than the 1 mentioned above, that means the hosting has already been turned off.
- Now, check that the hosting has been disabled and then proceed to the further steps.
- Now, you need to check whether your QuickBooks Program file is Corrupted or not. To verify:
- Open a sample company file, if the error occurs, that means your company file is corrupted.
Solution #1: QuickBooks Desktop to open QuickBooks Company File.
Sometimes, you need to move QuickBooks Desktop to gain permission to access the folder.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks File Menu, click on the Open and then click on Restore Company.
- Now, click on the Radio button as per the file type that you open.
- Browse the file location
- Click on the file and then select Open.
- Click on the File and then select Open
Note: Here, you need to restore the file. To do so, select the location for files.QBM,QBB and/ or.QBX file.
Solution 2: The QuickBooks Desktop might open automatically, you need to prevent it from opening.
- If many QuickBooks Company Files are opened in different windows/tabs, you need to stop them from opening.
- Click on the No Company Open window.
- Long hold the ALT key and then select Open.
Point to be noted: If Windows shows QuickBooks log, enter the password. Long press the ALT key and select OK. Keep holding the ALT key and wait for the company file to open. No error message will be displayed this time. Follow the steps mentioned below to check if the error message appears or not.
- Follow the steps if the company file opens without any error.
- Click on the Edit menu and go to the preferences.
- Select the Desktop View and click on don’t save the Desktop.
- Now, select OK.
To know more, get in touch with our team of professionals and they will provide you with all the necessary information that you might need when you face any issue. Call us or drop an email on our Official Email Address as given below.