QuickBooks is popularly known as the excellent accounting software which allows user to create a new company file in QuickBooks. The new company file can be created every year and hence it can be automatically deleted during the initial file setup.
While working on a new company file, it is not important to delete the old company file.
Steps to start a new company file
To set up a new company file, you can clean up all the company data. This will help you set up a successful company account. Next, you can do is subscribe, you can subscribe to the basic, enhanced, payroll and start your work.
Make sure to remember the below points while starting a new company file. Following reports will be required
- Customer balance detail report
- Vendor Balance Detail Report
- Standard Balance sheet
You can follow the below steps to create a new company file in QuickBooks
- Go to file
- select utilities clean up company data
- Make again all the outstanding balance in the accounts receivable by recreating separate invoices or you can create balance forward
- Go to vendor menu, recreate all the vendor balances along with the Enter bill option
- The bills will be directly charged to Uncategorized Expense account
- Features will not be available to payroll users due to some critical payroll information
- This feature is not available in QuickBooks online banking users because of security reasons of the institution
Next steps are given below :
- Choose file then go to New company
- In the window of easy step, Interview click on Start Interview and follow the steps mentioned on screen
- Enter information about your company file
Steps to start a new company file from scratch
- Open QuickBooks
- on the no company window click on ” Create a new company”
- Click on “Detailed start”
- Fill the easy information and click on Next
- Select your industry and click Next
- Fill your type of business type and click Next
- Set the year for which you want to set up the company file
- Click Next
- Set up QuickBooks admin password and click On Next
- Choose the location where you want to save your company file and click save
- Finally, save your company file and later on you can customize the same by leaving that time
QuickBooks is gradually becoming a must for everyone. Whether it is small, medium or any kind of business. It helps users a lot in terms of services and benefits. QuickBooks is upgrading the services timely to give the maximum benefits to the users so that users can get tax benefits with ease, security, and trust. You can also set the company file yourself but if you need any help you can get back to your QuickBooks Helpline.
How to Create a Company File Using Express Start in QuickBooks
- From the QuickBooks menu, choose File > New Company .
- In the QuickBooks Setup dialog box, tap Express Start .
- Fill name, industry, type, and tax ID information for your company.
- Fill the legal name of your business & general contact details.
How to contact us
For more information feel free to dial our number and get the response instantly. QuickBooks support team is having enough knowledge, enough experience of years of the same domain. The support team has already made mod than 1 million satisfied customers by giving the ultimate services with satisfaction. QuickBooks team is polite, keen to help and always available 24*7 to support your business and queries. You can also email and soon you will be contacted by one of the experts with the resolution.