Let’s take a look at the following constants and understand how you can set up your QuickBooks Account/Company File
Create a Company File in QuickBooks Desktop
A QB Company File holds all the financial records of any business. The first and foremost thing you need to do at the time of starting out with QuickBooks is to create a company file. If you already have an existing company file or upgrade the existing company file. If you think it is the right time to start a new company file, replace the old one.
- Create a QB Desktop company file
- Check multiple transactions and copy it from one company file to another.
- Now, create company files using Industry-specific templates
- If required, export the list to a new company file.
- Now, remove condense data utility for removing all the transactions.
Note: For all those who are going to use QuickBooks for the first time, they can create a sample company and get familiarized with the experiments they make in QuickBooks.
Read More: QuickBooks already has a company file open
Start QB Company file right from the starting:
Important: Try not to make the company file with the same name that already exists in your QuickBooks. Using the company file with the same name as the one already in use or exists, it may override and you may lose your data.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, go to the No Company Open window and then click on create to create a new company.
- Here, you’ll see two options: Express Start and Detailed Start.
- QuickBooks Setup window will open, fill all necessary information.
Point to be noted: Click on Help to see the description on the basis of a specific industry type. The present chart will be created as per industry.
- Click on Create Company.
- Once you create the company file, create your customers, services and chart of account or you can simply skip the step by clicking on Start working.
- Easy Step Interview Screen will appear on top, fill and then click on Next.
- Select the type of your Industry and then click on Next.
- Now, identify the type of business entity that you have. Click on Next.
- Now, comes the fiscal year and then click on Next.
- Now, set up your QuickBooks Admin password and then click on Next.
- Click on the location and then click on the location to save the company file. Select Save then.
- Now, click on Next and then customize your QuickBooks. You can skip the step and do it later.
You may receive the error: Error Code -6177, 0
If you face any trouble while Setting up your QuickBooks Account, connect with us via our Live Chat Support for any time connectivity with us.